NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Charge is adapted from the Horse combat art of the same name. It serves as both a temporary buff and a damage-dealing spell that hits any opponents that the Paladin runs into.
- Charge can be tricky to get used to. When casting, the player must immediately begin running (hold left mouse button or movement key) and must keep moving to maintain the Charge. If the Paladin stops moving, the Charge ends.
- It is easy to keep the duration longer than the regeneration time so the player can keep up Charge almost indefinitely so long as they keep running. This is the defensive use of Charge.
- Charge can also be used in offensive bursts. Any opponents directly in front of the Paladin will be hit by the initial damage burst even if the Paladin doesn't run. Alternatively the player can cast Charge and run circles around enemies, stunning them and knocking them around.
- Stun overrides knockback, so if stun triggers from the Overwhelm modification then the enemies won't be knocked back.
- Charge is a spell, and gains damage from the usual spell-boosting sources like Ancient Magic and Intelligence. Though it doesn't use weapon damage, it does use Tactics Lore for its aspect lore skill (+% damage boost), and uses weapon speed for casting speed (so having a weapon lore skill will boost casting speed).
- Despite the CA description and some expectations, Charge does not utilize the Paladin's shield in any way. There is simply no way to make shields offensive in Sacred 2, even shield-specific animations are absent.
Pros and Cons
- Good spell damage
- Causes knockback and stun, good for crowd control
- Very good for escaping and covering long distances on foot
- Paladin needs to keep moving to maintain the Charge.