Sacred 2:Dust Devil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Tactics Lore - increases damage and chance for critical hits for the gold Sanding modification, and allows for modification points.
- Capricious Hunter Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, and just like Tactics Lore, it allows for modification points.
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of the gold Sanding modification and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of open wounds (secondary damage effect) triggered by the Sanding physical damage.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Very effective defensive combat art right from the start that adds an evade chance to the Dryad's stats while she remains in the cloud
- Taking the bronze mod Recondition and the silver mod Elongate seem to be overkill on the regen reduction, as with just one of the two the cloud can be kept up almost all the time
- The Silver mod Spell Shield is very good at blocking incoming spells and enemy combat arts, making it useful against caster bosses
- Also affects allies, so it can be used as a utility Combat Art to help boost the entire party's evade chance
- Acute Mind will increase this Combat Art's damage from the Sanding mod
Pros and Cons
- Eventually can be kept up at all times
- Adds a very nice chance to evade chance for the dryad or any friendly character within range of the cloud
- Can be used to block enemy combat arts through silver "Spell Shield" option
- Can be turned into an offensive attack with the Sanding gold modification
- Must stay within the range of the cloud for the effects to work on the character
- After casting, the cloud does not move with the character so if the player needs to move somewhere else, another cloud must be cast
- Dust Devil is one of 5 Spell damage-based combat arts in the whole game that can have their damage boosted by Tactics Lore (the others are Killing Spree, Belligerent Vault, Deathly Spears, and T-Energy Shroud).
- Note that, like all CA's in the Capricious Hunter aspect, casting speed is determined by weapon speed, and can be boosted by weapon lore skills and +% attack speed. Likewise, the casting speed will be penalized by wielding a weapon with too high a level.