Sacred 2:Edaphic Lances
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Nature Weaver Lore - improves combat art damage, critical chance and casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Nature Weaver Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of the secondary damage effects triggered by Edaphic Lances: Open Wounds and Burning (if Singe mod is taken).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Acute Mind will increase this Combat Art's damage significantly and reduce Regeneration Time.
- Edaphic Lances launches a stream of thorns projecting from the ground. They launch in a straight and narrow line in the direction of casting.
- This CA has a "wind-up" before it can affect monsters, although +cast speed% modifiers will help to decrease it.
- Edaphic Lances works most effectively against large, slow opponents who will be hit by many thorns at once. It is less effective against small opponents who are likely to only contact a single thorn. At high CA levels this becomes less of a problem, as the damage increases significantly.
- The Density Bronze Mod is not especially useful, as it's primarily the damage of the thorns that determines its effectiveness. Also, this CA naturally decreases the density of the thorns with additional runes read.
Pros and Cons
- At high CA levels, can do very high damage to large monsters (bosses, dragons).
- Acute Mind Combat Art can be used to significantly increase the damage on this attack.
- Difficult to hit more than a few targets at once unless they are lined up, due to the linear nature of the Combat Art.
- Is not very effective early in a character's life, due to low starting damage.