NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
|| This Combat Art is a (Buff)|
Sheathing herself in pure energy, the Sorceress walks fearlessly into the fray. So long as she can maintain her concentration over this magical buffer, she diverts harmful magical energies and absorbs physical harm into her store of Mana.
This Combat Art is an Energy Shield
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Replenish - Boosts the shield regeneration rate (1 + 0.5 energy points/second per level).
- Intercept - Blocks a fixed amount of damage from every successful hit (4.5 + 0.5 per level, this a boost to the "Energy Shield Mitigation" value).
- Mana - Adds more energy points to the shield (10 + 0.1 per level).
- Spellshield - Adds a chance to reflect enemy spells (11% + 1% per level).
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Energy Shield Lore - increases the out-of-combat Shield Regeneration rate when mastered, improves the "Energy Shield Mitigation" value (fixed amount of damage blocked by shield), and increases the "Base Shield Energy" value (total shield energy points).
- Lightning Spells Lore - increases the in-combat Shield Regeneration rate, improves the "Energy Shield Mitigation" value (fixed amount of damage blocked by shield), improves casting speed, allows for modification points.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower the regeneration time penalty
- Much general information for energy shield usage is given in the article Energy Shields. Some of the terminology is changed in D2F for clarification:
- Block Warding Energy = Energy Shield Mitigation (fixed amount of damage blocked by shield)
- Absorption Warding Energy = Energy Shield Absorption (percent of damage diverted to shield)
- Energy Shield Mitigation base property (improved by the Intercept modification) blocks a fixed, absolute amount of damage, not a percent, it is different from and does not give % damage mitigation.
- Energy Shield Absorption is the percent of damage that is taken from the shield points as opposed to the Sorceress's hitpoints. It begins at 40% and gains 1% per level. This means that when Energy Shield reaches combat art level 60, 100% of all in-coming damage will be diverted to the shield. This will spare the Sorceress's hitpoints but will of course deplete the shield faster.
- Out-of-Combat Shield Regeneration is displayed under the Sorceress's hitpoints on the character sheet. It can be increased by mastering the Energy Shield Lore skill.
- In-Combat Shield Regeneration is listed under the Σ list of modifiers (bonus overview).
- The value is 1.0 + 0.5/level and is then modified by the +% Damage portion of Lightning Spells Lore.
- No other modifiers seem to have an effect on how much shield energy is regenerated while in combat, though the Replenish modification will boost it.
Pros and Cons
- Major increase to survivability, essentially serves as a second hitpoint pool.
- Extremely high regeneration penalty to all combat arts.