NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
|| This Combat Art is a (Buff)|
Sheathing herself in pure energy, the Sorceress walks fearlessly into the fray. So long as she can maintain her concentration over this magical buffer, she diverts harmful magical energies and absorbs physical harm into her store of Mana.
This Combat Art is an Energy Shield
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Replenish - Increases the shield regeneration rate (1.0 + 0.5/s per level).
- Intercept - Increases the energy shield mitigation (4 + 1 damage blocked per level).
- Mana - Increases the maximum shield energy by 10% + 0.1% per level.
- Spellshield - Adds a chance to reflect enemy spells (11% + 1% per level).
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Energy Shield Lore - increases the "Max. Shield Energy" value (total shield energy points), and increases the out-of-combat Shield Regeneration rate when mastered.
- Lightning Spells Lore - increases the in-combat Shield Regeneration rate, improves the "Energy Shield Mitigation" value (fixed amount of damage blocked by shield), improves casting speed, allows for modification points.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower the regeneration time penalty
- Much general information for energy shield usage is given in the article Energy Shields. Some of the terminology is changed in D2F for clarification:
- Block Warding Energy = Energy Shield Mitigation (fixed amount of damage blocked by shield)
- Absorption Warding Energy = Energy Shield Absorption (percent of damage diverted to shield)
- Energy Shield Mitigation base property (improved by the Intercept modification) blocks a fixed, absolute amount of damage, not a percent, it is different from and does not give % damage mitigation. Lightning Spells Lore will boost this value by quite a bit, resulting in hundreds or even thousands of damage points blocked completely at max level.
- Energy Shield Absorption is the percent of damage that is taken from the shield points as opposed to the Sorceress's hitpoints. It begins at 40% and gains 0.3% per level. This means that when Energy Shield reaches max combat art level 200, 100% of all incoming damage will be diverted to the shield. It can reach 100% even quicker with item modifiers. This will spare the Sorceress's hitpoints but will of course deplete the shield faster.
- Out-of-Combat Shield Regeneration is displayed under the Sorceress's hitpoints on the character sheet. It can be increased by mastering the Energy Shield Lore skill.
- In-Combat Shield Regeneration is listed under the Σ list of modifiers (bonus overview).
- The value is 1.0 + 0.5/level and is then modified by the +% Damage portion of Lightning Spells Lore.
- No other modifiers seem to have an effect on how much shield energy is regenerated while in combat, though the Replenish modification will boost it.
- The Energy Shield Lore skill is highly recommended as it can more than triple the amount of Max. Shield Energy available.
Pros and Cons
- Major increase to survivability, essentially serves as a second hitpoint pool.
- Extremely high regeneration penalty to all combat arts.