You came to a small High Elven Outpost in the mountains only to sell that worthless junk that was overwhelming your bagpack. Local soldiers were fighting Kobolds, but that's their job after all. Though when one of the soldiers asked you to assist them, you agreed. Killing various beasts never was hard for you, and work for the elven army usually pays well... But when you killed all the Kobolds, saved all the soldiers and reported to their oversized Commander, he had nothing but yet another task for you - no money nor goodies! You were starting to feel disappointed about this quest. However, you accepted the Commander's task hoping that he'd finally pay you after its completion. When you were leaving the fort for your new task, you decided to stop at the place near the bridge where the Guardsmen had been fighting Kobolds some time ago.
- In other words, you need to start Cut Off, successfully(!) complete first two logical parts of this quest and accept the third part (Commander's first task) for the quest giver to appear. Please refer to the Cut Off Detailed Walkthrough for more information.
Maybe there are some goodies left on the battlefield, who knows? If that Commander doesn't want to pay you, you could look for some reward yourself. For example, there is a dead soldier here. Maybe he had something valuable? So you approach the body and then...
No! Leave me be! I see death in your eyes! Talisman, save me!
What? Is he not dead yet? But he lies on the ground all wounded and does not move, even his brothers-in-arms considered him dead and left him lie here... and still, he is not dead. Well, it's quite easy to correct! So you charged your attack into him...
His death was quick. At least it's better than to be dying slowly from blood loss, isn't it? Now, what's that talisman he mentioned?
It's nothing but worthless junk! But at least it should cost some money, which is still better than nothing...
- Actually, you'd get a wearable talisman/amulet too. But since at this point of the game you would most probably have something better than a simple white amulet, the 'worthless junk' part still applies.
- This quest can not be declined. Once you have talked to the Soldier you have no choice but to finish the quest.
- Since this quest requires Cut Off to appear and Cut Off is available in Single Player Campaign only, this quest can't be accessed in Multiplayer either.
- This quest can be found only if you've started Cut Off and successfully completed first two logical parts of this quest. Please refer to the Cut Off Detailed Walkthrough to find out when exactly the Injured Soldier appears.
- This quest is Shadow Path only. It has a Light Path counterpart called One Last Plea.
- The quest giver for this quest appears in exactly the same place as the quest giver for its counterpart. They also look the same. Therefore it's free to assume that they are the same soldier. However, they are named differently. According to how they are named and how they talk, in the Shadow version of the quest the soldier is in better condition than in the Light one and could have probably lived if not for your interference.