The Third part of this quest, is beyond any doubt the longest part. Mainly because it involves walking around Ancaria's equator ... Twice. No, but seriously. It's quite a walk, as you can see on the map above.
The quest starts by talking to the High Elf Soldier at Sloeford, and he will tell you to put a stop to the Brigands once and for all. Not really liking his idea, but tempted by Gold and treasure ... er, I mean noble causes, you decide to take it on anyway.
Basically you have to reach the Brigand Camp 2, and slay 15 Highwaymen, along with their captain, Cold Charley.
Well, first off: Getting there. This is not only a long, but also a tricky part. Well, the part north of Twainbrook is at least. The place is north of Twainbrook. Once you head north of Twainbrook, you need to make sure you stay LEFT of the treelines when you're almost there, otherwise you'll end up taking a huge detour.
When you get to the Brigand Camp 2, you'll see that conveniently enough, there are exactly 15 Highwaymen. Pull out your weapon, and start causing rampage. When all 15 Highwayman, Cold Charley will appear. Once he is dead, you can portal or walk back to Sloeford. Talk to the High Elf Soldier to complete this last quest in the chain.
The map I found shows the place where the band of highwaymen ar hiding. I am supposed to wipe them out and take the head of their leader to the village as proof of my deed.
The band of highwaymen has been wiped out. All that's missing is their leader.
Cold Charley is dead. I am in possession of his head.
I have handed over the head as proof. Peace should be restored to the village.
- If you are playing single player => make sure you get the waypoint (the arch) and the monolith activated at Sloeford before you make your long journey north. After you finished , press F12 to jump to your activated monolith. You just saved yourself the walk down.
- If you are playing Multiplayer, F12 will reset you to the starting isle. But still this saves time, since you can easily reach Sloeford from there, and save yourself a journey back from the brigand camp to sloeford.
- Cold Charley can be a tough nut to crack, with high defensive values. It's in your best interest to switch to a weapon with higher chance to hit (attack rating) and lower damage, since weapons with little or no attack bonus will hardly hit him at all. Other then that his damage is nothing major, and he isn't quite the sprinter, more of a slow fellow.
- The quest The Kobold Chieftain is also in this area; you can save yourself some running if you do both quests at the same time.
- If you have the Ice and Blood add on, you might want to activate the monolith/soulstone in Twainbrook. You can teleport to any active portal directly from the map.
- If you have the Community Patch, you can pick up the The Farm Owner because the quest giver for that quest is not far from the guard you pick this quest up from. You need to kill 25 Kobolds and will find lots more than that on your way up to retrieve Cold Charley's head.
- Many of the blue quest chains are located here as well.