To start your quest, talk to Michel in Sloeford (see map above). He will tell you his Ring, Rune, Book of Blacksmith Art, and Amulet were stolen. You decide to help this poor fellow by retrieving these items.
Follow this path to get to the cave where the thieves are hiding:
You will find Rats, Plague Rats, and Bandits in the cave. The easiest and fastest way to get there is by following this map:
Once you get to the quest location, Brigand Leader Darnak will be waiting for you. As soon as you are done talking, the fight ensues. You split his skull, for the sole purpose of retrieving the key to the chest. After you get the key from the leader and his men, go to the crate indicated in the picture. The crate is right to the west of where you found the men.
Once you retrieve the Amulet, the Ring, the Rune, and the Book, return to Michel and talk to him to complete the quest.
He will make up some excuses, and tell you he is sorry you met the thief boss, but in the end all that matters is the loot. Uh, I mean the satisfaction of doing good. Michel rewards you with experience, gold and a quest-given item.
The blacksmith's apprentice, Michel, was attacked and robbed of some things. Michel asked me to get those things back so he wouldn't fall out of favor with his master. Perhaps this will give me a chance to fall back on the blacksmith's skills.
It turned out Michel double-crossed me. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about that.
I took the key to the chest holding the stolen goods from the robber chief. I hope Michel's things are in there.
Michel was reasonable in the end. I hope he stays that way. The sword he gave me handles very well, and he said the blacksmith would be able to improve it even more. We'll see, maybe I'll be able to talk his master into doing just that by giving him a few gold pieces. At least he seems to be inclined to take on orders again.
I hope Michel lives long enough to become a great blacksmith. He really seems to have what it takes.
- This is the only quest in the Tutorial Blacksmith chain quest.
- The Community Patch groups this quest together with the other Tutorials into a chain called The Hitchhiker's Guide to Ancaria.
- If you are running the version 1.10 of the Community Patch or later, you will find Michel in the Blacksmith's house when you complete this quest. In earlier versions and unpatched versions you will find Michel in the local tavern.
- If you do not like revisiting places, you will want to do this quest at the same time that you do Missing Patrol. Both quests take you to the same cave.
- In the first Sacred there was a quest about a blacksmith named Michel. This quest was named Where is the Blacksmith? It also takes place in the first big town on your way and is also rewarded with a forgeable sword.