|In Shadowy Catacombs you can find the below services. See Map Icons:
The Shadowy Catacombs is a dark hidden underground place in southwestern Tyr Lysia.
The Shadow Warrior enters the game world here.
Locate Shadowy Catacombs on the Ancaria Interactive Map
Quests & NPC's
There is a monolith in the Brigand Camp just northeast from the Shadowy Catacombs, which is the quickest and easiest way to get there.
If the monolith can't be used, the next closest location is Sloeford. The Shadowy Catacombs are southwest from Sloeford, and can be reached either by following the west or south roads. The easiest way though, is walking west to the Brigand Camp, and from then walk northeast to Shadowy Catacombs
Only one enemy may be found inside the catacombs: Tybor. He is the apprentice of Necromancer Syliar, and must be killed in order to start the main campaign (SW and SP only).
Outside the catacombs there is a cemetery, where some brigands can be found. If you click on the graves there is a chance you may have to fight a zombie or two. There is a chance that you will pick up some health potions and other treasure as well.
Here lie the men, women and other dead things of the western High Elf Region:
- And to think I got out of bed for this.
- Come on in, there's cake in here!
- Dead? But I've only been gone for 2 minutes!
- Don't you have anything better to do?
- Funny, they always said "you'll be cold in your grave" but I find this rather cozy.
- He adored his tiger... too much...
- - Perhaps referring to the accident in the the Las Vegas act of Siegfried and Roy, where one of the white tigers nearly mauled one of the performers to death.
- He was old and didn't need the money anymore.
- He who dried a tear is a happy man.
- Here I lay,; cold and damp...; Never ask a dragon,; to light your lamp!
- Here lies Alan . His Wild ways caught up with him in the end.
- Here lies Andy's yellow dress. We think he still wears it on Sundays.
- Here lies Harper_6w5,; she thought that knowledge would keep her alive...; But her books lay unread,; because now she is dead,; It's the lucky, not the clever, who survive.
- Here lies the last player to go on the forum and create a new thread asking how to find the water bottle.
- - In original Sacred, the Sacred International Forum was spammed by members constantly asking "where is the water bottle!' because of a bug
- Here rests A Flynn - he should have listened to his Mother.
- Here rests the greatest lover of all. Now let me finally get some sleep!
- Hey, buy your own flowers! Cheapskate!
- - Reference to "cheapskate" play on words, as well as vampires being killed only by stakes
- Hey! Get lost or you'll join me in here!
- HEY, get outta here... Not all over my.. Darn wolves!
- Hey, I'm afraid of the dark!
- Hey, I'm important! Just ask me, I'll tell you. -- Ogad Nuois.
- I guess that "friend or foe" question WAS a little naive.
- If only she hadn't lost her head...
- If you're reading this after I die, then my theory about the world only existing in my thoughts was wrong.
- I'm moving, but I don't disappear.
- Immortality is not everyone's cup of tea.
- It is better to die standing up than to live kneeling down.
- It's not a typo, this is my toonstone.
- I've always been the wrong man at the wrong place at the wrong time - now I'm here.
- - Kayron Jarvis is the main character in Dark Star One, a space action game from Ascaron
- - The title of a James Bond movie
- Lucretius the innkeeper is now serving one last meal - dinner for the worms!
- Mass grave of all the creature prototypes that didn't make it into the game.
- Maybe you'll get a secret reward for reading every grave... And maybe NOT!
- - "A line uttered by Human marines in Starcraft as they're injured and require healing."
- Note to self: Don't make crude jokes about Seraphim's special mounts...
- - Er.. Well... She does ride on a sabertooth cat...
- Oh look, another adventurer wants to be first to read all the tombstones.
- Out to lunch, please leave a message.
- Please don't eat the daisies... I'm busy pushing them up!
- She was the perfect victim.
- So this is how death feels.
- Somebody has spent a lot of time preparing this plush pad for a certain Miss Hacker.
- - Carolyn Hacker was the Community Manager for Sacred 2 on the Sacred International Forum
- Stop reading tombstones and get a life! Take mine, I'm not using it anymore.
- Take ten paces, turn and shoot... What a bad time to lose count!
- - In the game Portal the player keeps going on because of the promise of cake, wich ends up non-existent.
- The Lokaliz0r - Sudden death by "Just quickly (TM)"
- The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully recovered.
- There's life in the old dog yet... Unlike the owners.
- This Dryad expired of boredom due to waiting for her player to get on with it.
- This grave is for all the NPC's that didn't make the final cut.
- This grave is reserved for all the enemies you're about to kill.
- Wanderers, I greet you with "See you soon" because you'll surely return to this place.
- Welcome to the Potsdam Marketing Department. There are many machines here, although the coffee machine appears to be the only one in use.
- - Ascaron, who did Sacred, had a bureau in Potsdam (germany). It was planed to centralize marketing. Early press releases about Sacred2 came from there. If you can interpret some bad feelings from the coders towards this bureau is left to the reader.
- Wickey's Primitive Screwheads lies here. The entire team have welded themselves to the bottom of this lowly grave. In death as in life...
- Yeah, laugh it up, your time will come.
- Your name here! 0800-KILLER!
|Altar inside the catacombs
||Big room view
||Cemetary and crypt
- There are 60 graves in the Shadowy Catacombs cemetery. This is a good place to start on the Tomb Raider achievement.