NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time penalty.
- Thorns is a straightforward buff. It reflects enemy attacks. You can choose which attack types you want to emphasize.
- Unlike in Diablo 2, reflected damage in Sacred 2 is completely blocked. The player takes no damage. This makes reflective buffs like Thorns much more defensive than offensive in nature.
- An extremely high defense value, evade chance, and/or block chance will mean enemies can't hit you and therefore won't get hit by Thorns. Consider this if you want to use Thorns in a more offensive manner.
- All Chance to Reflect bonuses deliver diminishing returns, so the chance to reflect will never reach 100% on Thorns, instead averaging around 65% at very high levels. Even if all three Riposte mods are taken, the Chance to Reflect Melee will max out at just before 90% at the highest level. For versatility's sake it may be worthwhile to invest in at least one mod that blocks other types of damage.
Pros and Cons
- High reflect chance
- Can reflect any type of attack with modifications
- Doesn't really benefit from any skills
- Reflect chance stacks with diminishing returns