- Quest Objective: Earn the right to buy your own Unique Mount.
- Quest Difficulty: 2 Stars
- Quest Giver: Archaeologist's Sister
- Location(s): The town of Orcish Byway in northwestern Artamark
- Prerequisite Quest: None
- Next Quest: None
- Reward: The ability to buy a Unique Mount
Click on the above picture to see a larger version showing the location of this quest.
details how to get to the town of Orcish Bywayin northwestern Artamark.
- In single player follow the Campaign Quest (Light or Shadow) to Orcish Byway.
- Find the Archaeologist's Sister agree to speak with her brother to begin this quest.
- Go to Urthak's Moxie east of Orcish Byway and find the Frustrated Archaeologist.
- Accept the Archaeologist's request to find his lost Map to the Island of Mounts.
- Find the lost map which is west and then north near Pointed Peak.
- Pick up the lost map and return it to the Frustrated Archaeologist.
- Go to the nearby captain at Urthak's Bay at the north end of Urthak's Moxie and just to the left. Take the ship to Mount Island.
- On Mount Island speak to Hugard and accept his quest.
- Travel around the mount and past the portal. Head down the path and through the gate into the stockade to defeat 25 Test Series #149 Enemies.
- Return to Hugard and accept his next quest.
- Go back to that stockade area and defeat 12 Test Series #3581 Enemies.
- Return to Hugard and accept his next quest.
- Go back to that stockade area again and defeat 8 Test Series #1802 Enemies.
- Return to Hugard to complete this quest and receive your reward.
Finding the Archaeologist's Sister
Do kids make fun of your horse mount? Wanna have a cool beast to ride too? Look no further and follow these steps to uber Unique Mount coolness!
The Unique Mount quest begins in a small town called Orcish Byway. There you will find a most majestic looking NPC called Archaeologist's Sister with a yellow glow around her. She's very special! ...Poor girl. The devs didn't have any time to give her a real name sadly.
If you are in Single Player and haven't gotten past the wall between Tyr Lysia and Artamark, you will need to go through the Campaign quest to that point in order to get past that wall. As long as you have followed the Campaign Quest this far, you might as well follow it all the way to Orcish Byway.
If you would prefer to go straight to Orcish Byway, there is a track leading north to Black Oaks. Take the west exit out of Black Oaks until you come to a fork. Follow that road that goes south and west until you come to another fork. Follow road from the second fork south and west accross a river. Go northward through the town on the other side of the river, Wargfels and exit out the northern gate. Follow the road north to the T type junction and turn left. Go head west and follow that road until you reach Orcish Byway.
When you enter the town, there will be a Monolith to your right. If you continue on a short way, you will see a girl on your left with a golden glow. You need to talk to her to complete this quest.
There are several other ways to reach Orcish Byway. One of them would be to take a portal to the Grunwald Portal. From the Grunwald portal you head north along the dirt path until you reach a fork. At the fork follow the stone path west. At some point this stone path will turn northward and you should follow it all the way. It will take you directly to Orcish Byway. When you reach Orcish Byway turn southward and follow along the western buildings until you come to a girl with a golden glow.
That's your girl! The Archaeologist's Sister. She will set you on your journey to those much wanted Unique Mounts.
Her quest to you is to seek out her brother the Frustrated Archaeologist to learn more about a special breed of mounts.
Speak to the Frustrated Archaeologist----
Follow the road east out of Orcish Byway until you reach a road heading north. If you reach the river you have gone too far. Go north on that road into Urthak's Moxie and you will find him there, sitting in the grass against a wall of the second building.
Speak to him and accept his request.
The Archeologist will tell you that he has lost his map to where the Mounts are. Use the following guide map and the game compass's quest pointer to lead you down the road to where the Archaeologist's map can be found. You can follow along the dotted orange part two of the quest guide.
You will find the map upon the ground along the left side of the road, guarded by a mob of enemies comprised mostly of Wild Boars, Humans and Goblins.
You've found the map! Now double back along the road you took to get to where you found the map, all the way back to the Archeologist. Follow along the path of Step 3 of the Guide Map. (Dotted Path in Pink). He will be waiting with good news for you.
Follow Step 4 (The blue path along the guide map above) to get you to the port in Urthak's Bay, on the coast of the town of Urthak's Moxie. The captain there will be waiting with a ship, ready to take you to Mount Island. You might want to quicksave here before you click on the captain, just in case the game freezes up. Your compass at this point will point directly to the island, and is not very useful unless you have access to a ship. There are a number of ports in Sacred 2 which have waiting ships. Any of the ports that you have activated will now take you to Mount Island.
Meet Hugard on Mount Island
The first thing you will want to do on Mount Island is to pay a visit to Hugard. Hugard is the gatekeeper to all those wonderful Unique Mounts. Hugard however has plans for you and will require you to prove your might in a series of battles, to the death, with some very strange creatures. The creatures he will have you fight against are T-Mutants. Make sure you have resistances versus Magic Damage, as that is the kind of elemental damage they will hit you with. Each time you kill one series of monsters, you will have to return to Hugard who will then give you another quest to fight more difficult monsters until all three sets of monsters are killed.
Upon completing all three of Hugard's requests, he will grant you your reward at last...your character class's Unique Mount! Hugard is now open for business and will gladly sell his best Unique Mounts to such a worthy hero.
You will need gold to buy the Unique Mount with, and by clicking upon him, he will be able to show you the four mounts he has available for your character class. All will offer different bonuses, and the three of the four mounts that he will offer will affect your regen times for your Combat Arts and are significantly more expensive than the fourth which will not affect your Combat Arts but offer other defensive bonuses instead. You will be able to, at any time after you have completed the quest anew, go back to Hugard, sell back to him your Special Mount, and choose a new one. The price of the mounts increase with the characters level, and can easily reach into the millions at Gold and higher levels.
- In sacred 2 version v2.31.0 build 1453 there is a known bug that sometimes the captain of a ship at Urthak's Bay will not be there. This should not happen but if it does then you will have to take a different ship to the Mount Island. It also sometimes happens that Hugard, the quest giver on Mount Island, can not be found. It is a bug and if it happens then the quest can not be completed. A restart will be required.
- All classes receive their own special mount, and each class can choose between four special mounts which all have different bonuses to confer to the character.
These mounts have different colors with different abilities that are conferred to the character depending on which colored mount is chosen. Mounts will level with the character, and have almost as much access to the map as a character does with the exception (so far) of caves. They can even enter into houses while being ridden. Three of any class's mounts will give a penalty of at least 30% to regen times. To balance that out, those three mounts offer a counter bonus of 33 % to one chosen aspect.
As an example, if a Seraphim chose the Celestial Magic Sabertooth Tiger mount, she would have all of the regeneration on all of her Aspects hit with a penalty that would increase the regeneration time, with the exception of the one aspect that the mount offers a counter bonus upon. Choose wisely.
- Some mounts offer the player a higher travel speed, while all mounts supply the mounted hero with additional bonuses which are mostly defensive. Players can fight while mounted or not, and each method offers a different tactical approach. The choice of whether or not to ride will be made by players for many different reasons. One option for doing this is traveling by horse.
- All mounts offer more health points and defense bonuses. The fourth mount offered to all the classes does not reduce the character's regeneration or offer the counter bonus, but offers a resistance bonus instead. The two exceptions to this are the Seraphim's Saber-toothed Tiger which offers an Evasion bonus, and the Temple Guardian's Mobiculum which offers a Shielding Regeneration bonus.
- The quests to procure the mounts are most often completed between levels 15-20 and are much easier to do with the purchase of a horse mount before hand. If a player is playing Multi Player, he can also have another higher level player complete the mount quest. The low level player can then teleport to the higher level player who has completed the quest directly in front of the NPC who sells the mounts. If the low level player has enough money it is possible to have a mount at level one this way.
- Ice & Blood: This expansion offers additional mounts and some new colors to the original ones. The non-aspect mounts were removed. You do not need to do this quest in order to do the expansion quest. The necessary quest to obtain the expansion mounts is A Roof Over the Head.