Sacred 2:Damage Lore
- Chance for Secondary Effect + x%
|Chance of Effect, +%:||1,3||6,1||10,6||14,5||17,7||20,6||23||25,2||26||27,1||29,2||33||36,5||39,5||42,2||44,7||46,9||49,7||52,4||54,5||56,5|
- At Level 75 Damage Lore increases effectiveness and duration of Secondary Effects.
- Unlocks the "Additional Damage/Duration of Secondary Effects" skill property.
- The chance bonus stacks with any bonuses from items, though there are diminishing returns.
- Mastering the skill increases the Effects' damage and duration, once they are triggered.
- Multiple different (not similar) effects can be triggered on a single hit, but only the "first" will get a graphical effect. Using certain Combat Arts character can trigger multiple different Secondary Damage Effects per hit.
- A monster can be affected by multiple different effects simultaneously, until their duration runs out.
- Damage Lore increases the chance for the burning (fire), poisoning (poison), weaken (magic) & freeze (ice) effects regardless of the source (normal hits with weapons, weapon-based Combat Arts or non-weapon-based combat arts).
- The mastery bonus will not affect damage over time effects that are stated in an ingame Combat Art tooltip (Damage over Time, caused by Spell Damage Based Combat Arts - eg, Blazing Tempest). However, it is possible for a monster to be affected by two different types of DoTs: one from the Spell Damage Based Combat Art and one due to the monster being burned.
- The bonuses are increased in steps as shown in the Damage Lore full table.
The Increase in Effectiveness mastery bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 450*(x-32.5)/(x+66) + 100
The bold marked number is the smallest upper bound of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
As an example, effectiveness increase value at x=75:
450*(75-32.5)/(75+66) + 100 = 450*42.5/141 + 100 = 235.64
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formula offers.
Success of Damage Lore via Weapon Damage Based Combat Arts
There are 5 Damage Types.
Each of the five weapon-based damage types has a chance to trigger a secondary damage effect.
Damage Lore will enhance all secondary damage effects that are triggered from a melee or ranged weapon as long as the combat art being used belongs to the class of weapon damage based combat arts. For example, a player who is wielding a sword forged with a lava chunk in it, which provides burn as a secondary damage effect cannot expect burn to trigger when using the Cobalt Strike Combat Art.
Damage Lore's effect on Spell Damage Based Combat Arts
Damage Lore will only enhance via the following:
|Character Class||Combat Art||Modification Name|
|High Elf||Ancestral Fireball||No modification needed, Greek Fire or Inferno modification from Incandescent Skin will increase the likelihood of inflicting burning on the target|
|Blazing Tempest||No modification needed, Inferno modification from Incandescent Skin will increase the likelihood of inflicting burning on the target|
|Incendiary Shower||No modification needed, Inferno modification from Incandescent Skin will increase the likelihood of inflicting burning on the target|
|Incandescent Skin||Inferno ( Will make all spells in Arrant Pyromancer Aspect to be more likely to set the target on fire, thus giving rise to a DoT that can be affected by Damage Lore)|
|Temple Guardian||Deathly Spears||Singe or Occult|
|Amplifying Discharge||Ice Bullets|
|Furious Emblazer||No modification needed|
|Jolting Touch||No modification needed|
|Archimedes Beam||No modification needed|
|Propelled Levitation||No modification needed|
|Source Warden||Damage Lore Mastery will enhance all of this Aspect's Combat Arts|
Combat Arts that have Damage over Time effects "built in" that will not benefit from Damage Lore
- Blazing Tempest
- Frost Flare
- Cobalt Strike
- Energy Blaze
- Eternal Fire (not really, but nothing affects EF)
- Viperish Disease (not really, but nothing affects VD)
- Levin Array
Combat Art mods that give a Damage over Time effect (modifications in parentheses):
- Blazing Tempest (Conflagration)
- Frost Flare (Frost)
- Gust of Wind (Poison Mist)
- Clustering Maelstrom (Gash)
- Dislodged Spirit (Torture)
- Eruptive Desecration (Plague)
- Baneful Smite (Electrocute)