Sacred 2:Damage over Time
- Several DoT effects stack, so the target can be hit by different Damage Types at the same time, but only one would be displayed.
- Initial Duration of DoT effect is defined by DurationDOT parameter in balance.txt. Default value is DurationDOT = 500, which means that DoT lasts 5 seconds. For example, High Elf's Frost Flare would slow its target for as many seconds as said in CA description, but would deal DoT for 5 seconds.
- It is impossible to block or reflect DoT.
Many opponents also inflict Damage over Time. DoT is not affected by target's Armor values, but can be reduced by several modifiers: Damage over Time -X%, Damage Mitigation -X% and Mastery of Spell Resistance skill. The player can also use a Recovery Elixir and look for the following Item Modifiers:
- Damage over Time: Fire -X%
- Damage over Time: Ice -X%
- Damage over Time: Magic -X%
- Damage over Time: Poison -X%
- Damage over Time: Physical -X%
"DoT -X%" modifiers are cumulative, which means that values from different sources are simply added to each other (1+1=2) and can reach 100%, making a character effectively immune to a particular damage type DoT.
Some Combat Arts have only a chance to inflict Damage over Time. The ones that have minor chance are not listed below.
Innate Damage over Time Combat Arts
Cobalt Strike (to T-Energy Creatures)
Dragon Form allows to use
Damage over Time Combat Arts via Modifications
Ravaged Impact (mod 1a - Perforate (25% chance))
Darting Assault (mod 2b - Wounding (20% chance))
Ancestral Fireball (mod 1a - Greek Fire (30% chance))
Callous Execution (mod 1a - Bleed (50% chance))
Clustering Maelstrom (mod 2b - Gash)
Dislodged Spirit (mod 2b - Torture)
Eruptive Desecration (mod 3b - Plague)
Soul Hammer (mod 1b - Wounding (50% chance))
Baneful Smite (mod 3a - Electrocute)
Demonic Blow (mod 1a - Wounding (20% chance))
Furious Emblazer (mod 1b - Immolation (25% chance for burn))
Gust of Wind (mods 1b and 3b - Poison Mist)
Some Combat Arts are easily mistaken for Damage over Time. Like Damage over Time CAs, these Combat Arts have fixed durations, fixed damage and fixed frequency of attacks. However, unlike Damage over Time, the damage from these Combat Arts can be blocked\reflected, armor protects against them, and each hit has a chance to cause the appropriate Detrimental Magic Effect. Furthermore, "Damage over Time:*** -x%" modifiers and Recovery Elixirs do not protect against the damage inflicted by these CAs.
- The Ancient Magic Skill allows to partially ignore the target's Armor as well as Damage Mitigation for Spell Damage Based Combat Arts. This skill causes relative decrease of these modifiers as it affects only actual modifiers the target has.
- Temple Guardian's CAs Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescence increase target's vulnerability to Ice or Fire; High Elf's Buff Crystal Skin has Feel Cold modification that causes all targets in close vicinity to the caster to be more vulnerable to Ice Damage. These CAs cause all enemies in Area of Effect to have modifier "Damage Vulnerability Ice/Fire +x%" which not only removes these enemies' resistance to Damage but can decrease it below zero, causing CAs to deal more damage than the value stated in CA description. These CAs do not affect target's Armor, but decrease Damage Mitigation modifier by fixed percentage (not by percent of target's mitigation like Ancient Magic).