Some enemies in game have the ability to disable a player's buffs such as the White Griffin's or a champion Dark Fairies lightening attack. This is typically referred to as a "De-Buff"(de=deactivate).
Some examples of things which may remove buffs in the game are:
- - selected traps (Abishai summons them for example)
- - chain ice lightning (some champions and White Griffin)
- - CAs (Combat Arts) of the some characters such as "Archimedes Beam" with gold "Annul" modification, Expulse magic, Dryad's Black Curse with gold "Dispel" modification.
If the character has a chance to block\reflect combat arts, then successfully hitting from the chain lightning does not necessarily mean that all of the buffs will be removed. For each attempt to remove buffs (lightning may remove from 1 to 3 buffs, it depends on the level of the CA). Also, chance to block\reflect is calculated anew: lightning, when successfully having passed the test and passing block\reflection, can cause damage, but may not remove any buff or may only deactivate one or two of them. Buffs are removed in reverse order from the third buff slot back to the first.
- The buff removing effects of Expulse Magic can not be blocked or reflected; Expulse Magic doesn't save a character from removing the buffs from an enemy's EM circle. (see more about removing buffs mechanics in players contributed guides section)
De-buff as a magic effect
Monsters and characters can apply various effects, reducing different characteristics (movement/cast/attack speed, defense/attack value; damage mitigation may be lowered, armor value can be inverted). De-buff duration depends on this type - de-buffs are divided into short (10 sec), long (30 sec) и custom (duration depends here on CA's level and modifications, custom de-buffs are typically used by characters).
There is no any modifiers/defenses/immunities against de-buffs, power and its duration can not be reduced.
Several different de-buffs stack, so an enemy can suffer from several effects at the same time. However, only one graphical effect is displayed at a time.
Similar de-buffs don't usually stack, but they may, if the first and the second similar de-buffs have a different power/duration. Reducing attack value modifications for the High Elf's's Combat Arts "Frost Flare" and "Raging Nimbus" are added together cumulatively (layer-wise). For example, 120 Combat Art level "Frost Flare" and 105 Combat Art level "Raging Nimbus", used on the same enemy, will reduce target attack value by 66% at first and by 61% secondly. The final target attack value = x*0.34*0.39 = 0.13*x Due to the peculiarities of a chance to hit calculation. This means that the chance that the High Elf will be hit by enemies would be 3-4 times less. In order to effectively stack them, a player must use Combat Arts with a difference of not less than 0.1 Combat Art level.
- See also: Sacred 2:Opponent's armor: Physical, Opponent's defense value and Opponent's attack value as a long De-Buff, which can be founded as an item modifier or Combat Arts innate ability.
Innate De-Buffing Combat Arts
- Twisted Torment (Opponent's Movement Speed - x%)
- Viperish Disease (Opponent's Hitpoints: -x%/sec)
- Black Curse (Opponents Attribute Penalty: -x%)
- Ancient Bark (buff) (Damage vilnerability (self): Fire +20%)
- Jolting Touch (Opponent's Attack Speed -x%)
- Fiery Ember (Damage vilnerability (opponent): Fire +20%)
- Icy Evanescence (Damage vilnerability (opponent): Ice +20%)
- Ruthless Mutilation (Opponent's movement speed: -x%)
- Mortifying Pillory (The target opponent is condemned as outlaw, granting former allies a chance to turn against the target)
- Dislodged Spirit (Opponent's Attribute Values: -x%)
- Paralyzing Dread (Opponent's Attack Speed: -x%)
- Inexorable Subjugation (Opponent's Movement Speed: -x%)
De-Buffing Combat Arts via Modifications
- Soul Hammer (mod 2a Battering - temporarily reduces the target's physical larmor value)
- Pelting Strikes (mod 2b Enfeeble - temporarily reduces the target's defense value; mod 3b Indentation - temporarily reduces the target's physical larmor value)
- Assailing Somersault (mod 3a Bewilder - the seraphim leaps away, briefly reducing the run speed of opponents at her starting location)
- Baneful Smite (mod 1a Laggard - slows the target down; mod 2b Confuse - Reduces the target's attack value)
- Radiant Pillar (mod 1b Delude - Reduces opponents' attack values within the area of effect)
- Cleansing Brilliance (mod 1a Distract - Reduces opponents' attack speed within the area of effect; mod 1a Blind - Reduces opponents' defense values within the area of effect)
- Flaring Nova (mod 2a Perplex - Opponents temporarily lose their attack value; mod 3b Laggard - Slows the target movement speed)
- Demonic Blow (mod 2a Frailty - Temporarily reduces the opponent's physical armor)
- Belligerent Vault (mod 2a Unaware - Reduces the Opponent's defense value; mod 2b Shock - Opponents at the starting location of the jump become confused which slows them down)
- Augmenting Guidon (mod 3a Fear - Reduces attack values of all opponents within area of effect)
- Black Curse (mod 1a Porous - Reduces the opponent's resistance to physical damage; mod 2b Distress - Reduces opponent's attack speed)
- Tangled Vine (mod 2b Impair - Reduces the rooted opponents attack speed)
- Archimedes Beam (mod 1a Paralyze - Considerably decreases target's movement speed)
- Primal Mutation (mods 2b&3b Helpless - Briefly reduces target's attributes)
- Fiery Ember (mod 1b Scald - Reduces opponents' Attack Speed)
- Icy Evanescence (mod 1b Freeze - Slows down opponent's movement speed)
- Untouchable Force (buff) (mod 2a Paralyze - Decreases movement speed of nearby opponents; mod 2b Calm - Reduces attack speed of nearby opponents)
- Mortifying Pillory (mod 1a Disgrace - Reduces the opponent's armor value for a brief period; mod 3a Mortify - Reduces the target's defense value)
- Levin Array (mod 2a Paralyze - Briefly decreases movement speed of affected opponents; Hesitation - Briefly reduces the opponent's attack speed)
- Paralyzing Dread (mod 1a Panic - Reduces the opponent's attack value; mod 1b Despair - Reduces the opponents' physical resistance value)