This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Elemental Magic Lore - improves combat art damage, critical chance and casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Elemental Magic Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of the secondary damage effects triggered by Tornado: Open Wounds.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- The tornado generally follows enemies, but slowly. It is best to move the character around it as needed, keeping enemies in its area-of-effect while using other attacks.
- Alternatively, just cast it and forget it, letting it cause mayhem while the Dragon Mage uses other spells.
- The mods Storm Zone, Tempest, and Critical will allow multiple tornados to wreak havoc on large areas.
- Not the best choice for use in a combo given its initially long cooldown.
- One option is making a combo with Maelstrom + Tornado. The Maelstrom will slow enemies down and get them stuck in the Tornado's winds.
Pros and Cons
- Seeks targets
- Wide area of effect
- Long duration
- Irregular movements, slow
- Long cooldown