Fallen Angel brings to us the introduction of ‘Aspects’.
Each character’s combat arts are grouped into three aspects, with each aspect allowing a certain style of playing. A Shadow Warrior, in this way, has the possiblity of a whole range of play styles by focusing or mixing Combat Arts from this choice of 3 aspects. From stalwart "tank" to a tactical warrior to the third aspect which involves his dalliance with necromancy, the Aspects allow for an unprecedented freedom regarding character abilities and development. The Shadow Warrior could specialize in one aspect and be played as a ‘tank’, or if he focuses on his second aspect he could become a more tactical warrior, whilst the third aspect is more necromantic in nature. The freedom to choose your aspects and combat arts allow players to create their own unique character. The ability to create a character that has Combat Arts chosen from just one Aspect or mix from all three allows combinations that will mirror the player's unique playing style.
Each single Combat Art can be modified individually by the player, an example of which would be a Fireball spell that variations allow the fireball to be customized and wielded as a succession of blazing rapid fire spheres, or instead as a large, explosive fire-and-forget projectile.
- Capricious Hunter - Not yet announced
- Cabalistic Voodoo - Not yet announced
- Nature Weaver - Not yet announced
- Arrant Pyromancer -Choosing this aspect will render the Adept as the classic mage, fully devoted to the element of fire. The very nature of these studies is a burning aggression, leading to a predominantly offensive style. Executing the art of fire magic allows for a wide flexibility in which the spells can easily be individually adapted.
- Mystic Stormite - This art of magic is the opposite of fire magic. It is much more defensive, although even a storm magician is able to weave some powerful attack spells.
- Delphic Arcania - This aspect comprises many powerful and effective spells. A High Elf proficient in the study of the Arcane Illusionist wields magic that will assist and protect, equipping the mage for confrontations in melee combat.
- Gruesome Inquisition - The Inquisitor uses his privileges and an extremely high degree of sadism as only these former clergymen do. He disposes of his opponents by various cruel means such as shackling them to a pillory or even executing them.
- Astute Supremacy - The Inquisitor becomes almost invincible. He can take on hordes of enemies, hurling powerful streaks of lightning towards them, or he can steal their souls and use them to his advantage. No one is able to withstand them!
- Nefarious Underworld - The darkest among the Inquisitors excel in the dark arts. They feed on souls and they desecrate corpses in order to enhance their own powers. They can even frighten their opponents literally to death.
- Exalted Warrior - The Seraphim is a graceful expert of close combat. She is not as physically strong as the Shadow Warrior, but she compensates for this with nimble weapon techniques. The Seraphim is able to perform many smooth, tactical moves in order to keep her enemies at bay.
- Celestial Magic - Becoming learned in this aspect teaches the Seraphim the weaving of illumination and prayer. She fights using divine light and fire, just as an archangel might.
- Revered Technology - This aspect enables the Seraphim to use technological advancements to aid her in battle. She is able to gain several powerful abilities for use during combat.
- Death Warrior - In this aspect, the Shadow Warrior fights solely as a behemoth of a fighter and does not weave any kind of magic. His main characteristics are pure strength and stamina. He will bellow a mighty battle cry every time he lashes out at an enemy with one of his powerful combat arts.
- Malevolent Champion - The Shadow Warrior of this aspect is a skilled, agile and battle-hardened warrior, disregarding magic use in favor of physical attacks.
- Astral Lord - The warrior who becomes an Astral Lord commands the spirits of the damned, summoning them forth and overseeing the battle from his ranged vantage point. To lead the charge into close combat, the Shadow Warrior must also follow either of the Death Warrior or Malevolent Champion aspects.
- Devout Guardian - The Temple Guardian is a cyborg and as such, a deadly, efficient and unemotional war machine. Once, he had been created to protect the Great Machine; now, he is able to inflict severe physical damage to his opponents by using T-Energy purposefully. He boasts features that no other character possesses.
- Lost Fusion - One arm of the Temple Guardian is purely mechanical, which allows him to exchange it and enhance it with T-Energy, to make it an even deadlier weapon against opponents.
- Source Warden - T-Energy grants the Temple Guardian special abilities in order to weaken or transform his opponents. He is able to surround himself with an energy field and he can use extensive heat or cold to weaken his opponents.