Sacred 2:Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds
Serious Open Wounds
Serious Open Wounds is the deadliest of the four Wounds effects. It is a combination of Open Wounds and Deep Wounds, in that it causes bleeding damage and reduces the enemy's maximum hitpoints value. Note: May appear as a blue or gold mod.
Serious Open Wounds has two effects:
- Bleeding damage (Physical Damage Over Time) - The enemy will sustain five hits (each hit 1 second after the other), total damage of which roughly equals to 50% of the wounding blow. For example, if the hit dealt 100 damage of pure Physical damage and triggered Serious Open Wounds, the enemy will take five hits of 50 damage each. Items or bonuses that modify damage output will change this percentage.
- Reduction of hitpoints - will reduce the opponent's maximum hitpoints value by roughly 8%, for a duration of 10 seconds.
Serious Open Wounds has the following Bleeding animation:
When the duration of Serious Open Wounds wears out, the opponent's health bar will blink, and he will seem to "heal" an amount of hitpoints (he'll just get his maximum hitpoints restored). Here is what this blinking looks like:
Serious Open Wounds can appear on Bastard Swords. This bonus always requires Sword Mastery to be unlocked.
Chance to inflict
Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds scales with difficulty levels (except when it's not a full-set-bonus gold mod). A bonus on an item found in Bronze difficulty will improve when moving on to higher difficulties.
Chance for unlockable Serious Open Wounds will increase as the player puts more points in the Sword Weapons skill (or even with skill bonuses). Unlockable Serious Open Wounds have the following chances to inflict for each difficulty:
|Difficulty||75 skill points||250+ points|
|Bronze:||6,5 %||15 %|
|Silver:||7,5 %||17,5 %|
|Gold:||8,6 %||20 %|
|Platinum:||9,8 %||22,5 %|
|Niobium:||10,8 %||25 %|
Note that skill level 250 is required to reach the maximum value, regardless of difficulty.
The significantly higher chance to cast Serious Open Wounds is what makes this bonus vastly superior to the Deep Wounds effect. That's why it's worth the skill investment, high chance to cast along with multiple hits per second will mow down any enemy in seconds.
In order to resist Serious Open Wounds, players should look for items with the following modifiers:
- Opponent's Chance to Wound - X%: Reduces the chance opponents can inflict Serious Open Wounds on the player.
- Damage over Time: Physical -X%: Reduces the damage of Serious Open Wounds (and all other sources of Physical Damage over Time).
- Detrimental Magic Effects -X%: Reduces both the effect and duration of Serious Open Wounds.
Note: prior to patch 2.40 the hitpoint reduction was cumulative, so each consecutive triggered Serious Open Wounds would further reduce the opponent's hitpoints (again by 8% of the original hitpoint value). It was quite possible to reduce the enemy to 1 hitpoint, if the Attack Speed and DW chance are high enough (this was a bug).