Sacred 2:Magic Coup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Hybrid Damage Based Combat Art
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Delphic Arcania Lore - improves combat art damage (including the life leech effect of the Life Leech modification), critical chance and casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Delphic Arcania Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly reduces regeneration time for this combat art.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of any secondary damage effects triggered by Magic Coup, based on the damage types on the equipped weapon (particularly Open Wounds and Weaken, since this CA converts damage to magic).
- Speed Lore - will increase its chance to hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
- Any weapon lore applicable to the weapon in use (for example, Sword Lore when the High Elf is wielding a sword), will increase this combat art's chance to hit by increasing the attack value. Weapon lore skills won't affect Magic Coup in any other way however.
- NOTE: Despite some expectations Ancient Magic and Tactics Lore will NOT have an effect on Magic Coup. While Tactics Lore does increase the base weapon damage it doesn't raise damage the Magic Coup damage in the same proportion, which stays unaltered even at Tactics Lore Mastery level.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Intelligence will increase damage for magic staves
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- With sufficient regen per hit Magic Coup can be spammed by holding down the right mouse button and fighting as if it were a normal left-click attack.
- Suggested modifications: Target Focus, Life Leech, Stray Damage
Pros and Cons
- The mod 2a Life Leech (leech life enhanced by Delphic Arcania Lore ) and the mod 3a Stray Damage (area of effect) work good together, the combat art will drain life from all the opponents nearby.
- Magic Coup has its own built in attack value based on CA level, saving you from having to take a weapon lore skill. Although weapon lore skills will improve attack value, they are unnecessary since Magic Coup will hit so often, especially if the Target Focus mod is taken.
- The built in attack value and it's ability to proc the Regen Per Hit multiple times through the mod 3a Stray Damage allows casters to eat more runes without worrying about regeneration times.
- Possibility to miss.
- Requires the High Elf to be in melee range and therefore have adequate protection.
This chart shows stats from a Lvl 1 High Elf with no equipment and no Survival Bonus.
|Level||Regen Time (s)||Damage|