- Quest Objective: Investigate the possibility of High elves working togheter with Kobolds
- Quest Difficulty: 3 stars
- Quest Giver: Commander Erestor
- Location(s): Torreya Brook
- Prerequisite Quest: Rescuing the Hostages (This is the 2nd quest in the chain quest The Brigand Camp
- Next Quest: /
- Reward: Gold, experience
- Talk to commander Erestor, who you just freed from captivity
- Go to the cave indicated on the map
- Kill 10 robbers in the cave
- Find the Kobold-High Ef contract
- Return to Torreya Brook and talk to commander Erestor at his new location
Right after you freed commander Erestor from his tiny cell, talk to him. He will tell you that you are not quite the rescuing force he hoped for, but you did the job and that's all that counts. He allso has suspicions that the High elf robbers are working togheter with the kobolds.
The kobolds and High elves meet regularly at a nearby cave. Up to you to go party-crashing and see what the deal is.
Follow this path to get to the cave
Once inside the cave, you will find mainly rats and robbers. Now the rats are not really intersting here, both experience and quest-wise. The robbers is what you are after. Just finding out what is going on between kobolds and high elves won't suit Erestor. He wants revenge. And as he requests, so shall we execute. Kill 10 Robbers while you are in there.
There are 10 robbers in there, so you'll have to run through the entire cave to get there.
After you killed those 10 robbers, the 'contract' will appear on your minimap. Follow this path to get to your minimap.
Once you collected the contract, leave the cave again. Make sure you take the entrance through which you came in. The other one offers you a huge detour across ancaria. Once outside, follow this path to get to Erestor's new location.
After talking to Erestor again, he will tell you that his suspicions were correct after all. But his is now a job for the military and your quest ends here. Looking at how the military did the previous time, getting 2 people captured, that is not the whisest of ideas. But they'll have to hire you again next time, so from a financial point of view, you agree with Erestor and end your quest.
Gold and experience are what makes you forget the trouble you went through.
- note: the second entrance at the cave will get to to the beach right below the entrance you are supposed to take. So this is a detour. STick to the one you used to get in the cave.