Sacred 2:Star Wars
As most people who have played Sacred 2 know, the folks at Ascaron have been quite fond of various cultural icons and have found ways to incorporate them into the game. Things like the Alien from Alien (and the rest of the series), the DeLorean from Back to the Future in the car museum. And some hard core players of the game will have found lightsabers to use.
But there are also two other Star Wars related characters with thinly disguised names also hiding in the game. The first, as anyone who's completed the quest Manners Maketh Kobold will know, there's "Y'oldah" the small green kobold living in Nargash's Nest who's name sounds like the much beloved Jedi Master Yoda.
And then there's the other one no one seems to notice. The statue of Knobi WanBen er.. Obiwan Kenobi.
He can be found in the northwest part of the desert. He's located near the Ascaron Employee Felix Schuller.
A New Hope
There's a chain quest in the Artamark (human) region called "A New Hope" - which is also part of the official title of the film that started the whole Star Wars phenomenon - Episode IV - A New Hope.
Inquisitor - Star Wars Homages
Is this Tatooine?
When fighting Sandmen in the Desert Region, the Inquisitor will occasionally crack this joke: "Did Anakin let you live?"
"The Force Will Free Me"
- "THE END, JUSTIFIES ALL MEANS!" - While this could easily be mistaken for a commonly used idiom/cliche, it is also possible that this is a reference Machiavelli's "The Prince" or Darth Sideous/Emperor Palpatine (he used the "End Justifies the Means" approach in Star Wars Episode 3).
- "I thought you were supposed to observe the code?" - This is a taunt that the Inquisitor uses against High Elf priests; I've never actually heard him use it in game though. Regardless, he's probably making a reference to the Sith Code.
The Inquisitor will occasionaly make a vague reference to the Sith Code when he takes damage in battle (he may have to have the buff Purifying Chastisement equipped). It goes as follows: "Your hate only fuels my anger!"
"Play as Darth Vader"
- Equipping one of the Darth Vader / Red Scorpion helmets* on the Inquisitor will cause him to start making a faint, heavy breathing noise when he's idle.**
- A screen shot of a player's Inquisitor wearing the Black Vader/Scorpion helmet, while also using Force Lightning (Levin Array) while wielding a red Lightsaber.
- If a player uses Soul Reaver, they may at first think it's Soul Reaver's sound effect, but if they turn Soul Reaver off and compare the sounds, the Darth Vader style breathing is noticeably different from the Soul Reaver sounds. Furthermore, upon inspecting the game's sound files, the Inquisitor has a special idle sound file that contains the "Vader Breathing".
Other Easter Egg Taunts with the Inquisitor
- "YOUR SOUL BELONGS TO ME!" - Or, as Shang Tsung said in the Mortal Kombat movie... "Your soul is mine! .... FINISH HIM!"
The Inquisitor Likes Elvis
- "BRING ELVIS BACK T-ENERGY, NOT PUTRESCENCE SUCH AS THIS!" - This is one of the 4 taunts he uses against T-Energy mutants; it always gives me a good laugh
Capcom's Blue Bomber
"I liked the BLUE version of you better." - This is one of the 11 taunts the Inquisitor uses against enemy Temple Guardians. I'm pretty sure it's a continuation of the running gag about the Temple Guardian being similar to Mega Man.
The Inquisitor Likes Killing off Tech Support...
- "Get customer service while you're at it!" - Another one of the 11 taunts that the Inquisitor uses against enemy Temple Guardians.
- "As I think, I exist..." - The Inquisitor sometimes quotes Descartes when you leave him idle long enough.
The Inquisitor Makes Fun of....
- ["Taking a break... MAYBE I'LL BE ABLE TO SELL A FEW COPIES OF THE WATCHTOWER WHILE YOU ARE GONE! "] - not exact, but when you leave the Inquisitor idle, he will sometimes make fun of Jehova's Witnesses ("The Watch Tower" is the Jehova's Witness magazine/news letter)
In chapter 3 of the shadow campaign in the quest Among Orcs(Shadow Campaign) the orc spy Garappak paraphrases the famous "May the force be with you" line while telling you to kill some enemy orcs.