NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- An effective use of Armageddon would be to use it in conjunction with an immobilizing Combat Art like Poison Creeper. This can potentially allow the Druid to forgo the stunning mod and choose more fire damage.
- Choosing both damage mods gives the additional benefit that each meteor will do more damage. As not all the meteors will hit small size (normal) mobs, the more damage each meteor does the better if you plan to use it to kill normal mobs in addition to bosses.
- In order to improve the chance to hit target (non-boss) enemy the Druid should target the ground in front of the approaching enemy. Timing is key and if timed well the enemy will run into the stream of meteors as they land.
- Slow-moving enemies, such as zombies, can be targeted directly. The circle will show centered on where you first click, but the meteors will fall on where the enemy currently stands when they begin to first fall.
- Items with bonuses to Combat Art Range will increase the area of effect. This may be counterproductive for attempting to hit smaller targets however, as the meteors will have larger empty spaces between where they hit.
- Wake mod will boost the chance that enemies will still take splash damage even if they aren't directly hit by the meteors.
- Pyromancer mod will allow a constant barrage of meteors to be cast at high levels. Although the cooldown naturally decreases with level, Pyromancer will triple the speed it decreases, resulting in a negligible cooldown of 0.5s or less at high levels.
Pros and Cons
- Multi-hit attack that can damage multiple enemies, or hit a big one and finish him off in one spell.
- Very good against large enemies like bosses (most meteors hit).
- One of the most powerful CAs in the game in terms of raw damage if modded for fire damage, physical damage and critical chance
- Long recharge time.
- Randomness of meteors it hard to use on moving enemies that don't stay near the Druid.
- Possible bug: after a certain point the number meteors displayed in the tooltip stops increasing and ends up much smaller (ex. Meteor Count of #19 at CA level 130). Will investigate to see if there is an upper limit to meteors.