WARNING: Blacksmithing on consoles is currently not working. You will not be able to get the benefits of this skill even by using the NPC smith.
Bug: Blacksmith Arts forged into single slot items can only be removed by selling the item to a merchant (or blacksmith) and then buying the item back.
|Grants the ability to forge items without using a Blacksmith NPC. Additionally, items above character level can be used. Rings can be forged into items with bronze or better slots (instead of silver or better), and amulets can be forged into items with silver or better slots (instead of gold only). Allows the use of exclusive enhancements. Click on the anvil icon found to the right of your Information screen as shown in the image by the green bordered box.|
- Maximum Level of Workable Item +X (refer to table below)
- Blacksmithing Costs -Y%
|Workable Item, +lvl:||0||3||6||10||13||16||20||23||24||37||40||45||50||55||60||65||70||77||85||92||100|
|Blacksmithing Costs, -%:||9,1||29,5||41,7||49,2||54,2||57,9||60,5||62,7||63,5||64,4||66,1||68,9||71||72,5||73,9||74,9||75,8||76,9||77,8||78,5||79|
|Chance to Remove, +%:||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||18||19,5||22,1||24,3||26,4||28,2||29,8||31,3||33,2||34,9||36,4||37,7|
- When a blacksmith removes an enhancement from an item, Blacksmith Mastery will grant him a chance that he will not destroy additional enhancements in the process (unlocks the "Chance to Remove Forged Item Without Loss" skill bonus).
- Greatly increases Maximum Level of Workable Item
- When you invest points in Blacksmithing, the attributes of Blacksmith Arts increase
- It's cheaper and more powerful than normal smith
- The bonuses are increased in steps as shown in the Blacksmith full table.
The Maximum Level of Workable Item bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- x/3 Pre-Mastery
- x/2 Mastery
The Smithing Cost reduction bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 80.0*(x+1.50)/(x+21.25) Pre-Mastery
- 85.6*(x-32.9)/(x-19.0) Mastery
The Chance to Remove Forged Item without Loss at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 60*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
As an example, smithing cost reduction bonus at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have
85.6*(75-32.9)/(75-19) = 85.6*42.1/56 = 64.35
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.