Sacred 2:Block chance: Combat Arts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Provides to the character a percent chance to block any opponent Combat Arts inflicted upon him/her.
- Bonuses from different sources have diminishing returns and can be calculated using the following formula:
- x_final = х_1 + х_2*(100%-х_1)^2 + х_3*(100%-(х_1+х_2*(100%-х_1)^2))^2 + х_4*...
- Bonuses from stacked Expulse Magic circles have their own diminishing returns and can be calculated using the following formula:
- x_final = х_1 + х_2*(100%-х_1) + х_3*(100%-(х_1+х_2*(100%-х_1)) + х_4*...
- The block is calculated before reflection. Blocked damage cannot be reflected when reaching 100% chance to block (only possible for Close Combat).
- For example a High Elf repeatedly casting the Expulse Magic on herself eventually gains a Chance Block Combat Arts at close to 100%, and the "Crystal Skin" buff ceases to reflect spells, as all they have previously blocked. This fact in no way belittles the importance of reflection, however, just a note of the fact that when achieving 100% chance to block, reflection makes no sense as it simply won't work.
- It is possible to block or reflect only the direct elemental damage, but not Damage Over Time.