Sacred 2:Chance for Burn
- A Combat Art that does fire damage,
- A weapon with native fire damage on it
- Having a Chunk of Lava forged within a weapon which will convert a portion of that weapon's physical damage into fire damage.
Only one Burn effect can be active on a monster at a time. The next time it is triggered, it will reset the timer. The enemy will not be afflicted with a double several DoT at once.
The chance to inflict Burn upon an enemy will increase the higher the relative % fire damage, or with this secondary effect forged into armor via jewelry. The effect of Burn is a Damage over Time.
- vs monsters
When triggered, Burn will cause burning damage. The enemy will sustain five hits (each hit 1 second after the other), total damage of which is 20% of the burning blow's Fire damage composition. For example, if the hit dealt 100 damage of pure Fire damage and triggered Burn, the enemy would take five hits of 20 damage each (100 damage over time in total). This percentage can be modified by Damage Lore skill mastery.
- vs player
Damage of Secondary damage effects is calculated by the formula:
- Total_damage * (100% - %_absorbed_by_armor) * (100% - %_Damage_mitigation) * Difficulty_multiplier
where Difficulty_multiplier = 0.65 (bronze); 0.85 (silver), 1.0 (gold); 3.3 (platinum); 3.63 (niobium).
- For example, Dragon breath with 1000 fire damage on platinum VS 2000 fire armor and "Damage mitigation: Fire +20%" causes 1000 * (100% - 59%) * (100% - 20%) * 3.3 = 1000*0.41*0.8*3.3 = 1080 damage over time in total (in five pulses: 216 dam/sec)
In order to resist Burn, players should look for items with the following modifiers:
- Opponent's Chance to Burn - X%: Reduces the chance that opponents will Burn the player.
- Damage over Time: Fire -X%: Reduces Burn duration (as well as total damage: for example, if incoming DoT was to inflict 250 damage for 5 seconds it would be decreased by "Damage over time:x -65%" to two seconds - 250 damage dealt by the first pulse and 187 damage a second later, summing up to 437 damage which is 35% of initial 1250).
- Detrimental Magic Effects -X%: Reduces Burn duration (as well as total damage).
- Spell Resistance skill mastery reduces Burn duration (as well as total damage).
- Armor can reduce flat fire damage, which inflicts burning status: if character's armor absorbs 75% incoming damage, periodic damage caused by Burn will also inflict 75% less damage).
- Damage Mitigation: Fire +X% modifier protects twice - first Damage Mitigation reduces incoming flat damage (periodic damage depends on how much damage the character has received), secondly DM reduces damage from incoming periodic damage (open wounds, burn, poison). For example, 50% Damage Mitigation reduces damage over time at 50%, and then another 50 %, a total of 75% mitigation. Modifier can stack with similar other without diminishing returns, so immunity can be achieved.
- Recovery Elixir will also neutralize the damage from Burn.
- If the defender's willpower value is too much, the damage dealt by Secondary Damage Effects would be noticeably reduced. It works only against Spell Damage Based Combat Arts that deal flat damage and have a chance for Secondary Damage Effects. If an attack inflicts such effect (for example, Burn effect from a Dragon's fireball or Poison from Kobold Shaman's projectiles) then the duration of effect on highly resistant character would be reduced. Therefore the detrimental effect deals only some % of its original damage.