||Increases defense value and close combat attack values significantly. Also boosts all damage types of all CA's. Can be modded for additional attack or defense, healing, extended to party members or turned into a buff.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Assault - Increases attack value for all weapons. (20% + 5% per CA level increased attack value, applies to ranged weapons as well)
- Barricade - Improved defense againt weapons. (Doubles the defense bonus, 20% + 5% per CA level increased defense value)
- Party Protection - Extends Combat Alert to party members within range. (40% + 0.2% per CA level effectiveness to party members, range is 15 meters)
- Permanent - Combat Alert is transformed from a temporary into a permanent Buff. (Becomes Battle Aura, reduces the bonuses to ~1/2 of their CA levels. All values halfed except for Repair modification, which goes to 2.5hp/s + 2.5hp/s per CA level)
|Combat Alert without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Tactics Lore - improves the hitpoint regeneration from the Repair modification, indirectly increases damage (by increasing weapon damage, but not the % damage bonus given by Combat Alert), and allows for modification points.
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time and its regen penalty as a buff.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- If the Temple Guardian wishes to use ranged weapons he must take the bronze mod Assault to gain a boost to attack rating.
- By taking Barricade and Riposte/Repair, Combat Alert can be useful as a defensive buff for a spell-casting Temple Guardian. The damage bonus will also apply to his spell-based Combat Arts.
- The silver mod Riposte provides melee-only damage reflection, and it will also reflect poison, burn, weaken, or freeze status effects onto enemies that use weapons of the respective element. Examples include Dark Archers, Assassins, etc. The chance for this ability (to reflect) starts at 36.2% at CA level 1, and increases incrementally up to a maximum of what appears to be ~70% (possibly higher?). On average for the first 15 levels the player can expect to gain ~1% per level up. While apparently wild in growth rates at first, it does even out at around level 9. As a temporary buff this skill provides a large chance to reflect damage, it is highly recommended that skill level be increased with socketed runes or + Aspect equipment to improve the duration but not the regen time. If the Gold Mod Permanent is chosen the growth and final chance to reflect are halved (rounding up), this is NOT recommended until much later in a Temple Guardian's life where he can afford to pump levels, eat runes, etc.
- Note that, like all CA's in the Devout Guardian aspect, casting speed is determined by weapon speed, and can be boosted by weapon lore skills and +% attack speed. Likewise, the casting speed will be penalized by wielding a weapon with too high a level.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent close combat buff
- Can be useful for ranged fighters and magic-users as well
- Short duration
- No way to reduce the cooldown
||Close Combat Attack Value