NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- This aspect's most effective spell against mobs. Herd together as large group in as open an area as possible and cast.
- Right-clicking close to the character will result in a wider angle of the firestorm (~90°) but lower damage on initial hit. Right-clicking farther away from the character will result in a firestorm of a smaller angle that will do more damage on initial hit.
- As the damage over time is larger than the initial damage, a way to quickly kill mobs can be to cast and move on, letting the DOT finish them off. This can be a very fast way to gain experience. The disadvantage of this method is that you leave behind treasure when the mobs die.
- Can be used in association with items with Combat Art Range +X% modifiers (such as Nlovae's mystery and Glacial Defender) to increase combat art range significantly.
Pros and Cons
- The wave hits all enemies in its scope, passing through opponents, instead of being blocked by them.
- Enemies catch Fire 100% of the time, players will thus always deal Damage Over Time.
- Damage over time hits from this Combat Art can incur Chance for critical hits.
- Ambition mod increases Chance for critical hits on both initial hit and Damage over Time (DoT) hits.
- The flat fire damage portion of Firestorm can trigger the Burning secondary effect, which will cause extra fire DoT on top of the built-in DoT.
- Comparatively long regeneration time unless Spell Flow mod is taken.
- Obstacles (signs, trees, rocks, etc.) cannot be passed through. The blocked segment of the wave will be extinguished.
- Cannot pass over water (i.e. ponds, ocean, swamp, etc.).