NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
The Hitpoints, Chance to hit, Damage and Armor noted above of the Fury Broodmother are dependent on the level of the Fury Broodmother. Stats will scale based on the Fury Broodmother's level. Use the above stats as a guideline.
- The Fury Broodmother replaces the Ice Hydra as an opponent in the Northland Expedition chain quest. In the vanilla game, during the quest phase, "In the Name of God," the player would be instructed to kill the "Fury Broodmother" but the quest target was just the same Ice Hydra who appears in the Christmas Quest.
- Diablo 2 Fallen restores the Fury Broodmother as a creature in her own right, separate from the Ice Hydra. This boss was created by activating an unused Harpy creature that was called "Harpy Miniboss" so it is very likely this creature was intended to be used in this quest all along. Its appearance in the mod can be considered a bugfix.
- Special Abilities:
- Freezing Hard Hit - evidenced by blue trails on her claws when she uses it, this is a hard hit attack with boosted attack rating and damage that debuffs your movement speed for a few seconds.
- Ice Chain Lightning - the same attack used by other Furies. Causes ice and physical damage. It has a 50% chance to deactivate one buff when it hits you. It can chain to and from your allies and minions. 2s cooldown means she casts it often.
- Ice Bolt - similar to the Sorceress's spell of the same name, a freezing ray-like attack that causes ice damage and ice DOT and slows your movement speed for 5 seconds.
- Frost Nova - similar to the Sorceress's spell of the same name, sends radiating waves of ice crystals that emerge from the ground. Aside from causing pulses of ice damage, this spell also slows your movement speed for 8 seconds and increases your sensitivity to ice damage.
- Assassins take special note! The Fury Broodmother can use her Frost Nova spell to cancel out the Assassin's Wake of Inferno if the Assassin's spell is too low level. With a high enough level of Wake of Inferno, the Assassin can turn the tables and cancel out the Broodmother's spell instead.
Back to the D2F Boss List