||Causes ice damage and decreases opponents’ ice resistance within a certain radius. Allied players receive a bonus to fire resistance. If the combat art Fiery Ember is active within range, the spell with the higher level will cancel the weaker one.
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Icy Needles - Increases ice damage within range. (50% increase)
- Freeze - Slows down opponent's movement speed. (20% + 0.5% per CA level decrease)
- Fire protection - Reduces fire damage even more. (20% + 0.1% per CA level damage mitigation)
- Deep frost - Further decreases opponents' resistance against ice damage. (20% + 0.1% per CA level decrease)
- Conservation - Decreases the regeneration time. (50% + 0.5% per CA level decrease, does not affect Cooldown time)
- Note: This is called Energy Efficiency in the console version.
- Sustain - Increases the duration of Icy Evanescence. (5.0 seconds + 0.1 seconds per CA level, a 50% increase)
|Icy Evanescence without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Concentration - directly reduces regeneration time for this combat art.
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Ancient Magic - directly increases the damage and reduces enemies' resistance to the damage of this combat art (skill is only available to Temple Guardian with CM Patch).
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- A player may gather as large a mob as possible, casting Icy Evanescence while being attacked. If done successfully, each monster will be damaged by several of the damage points/crystal clusters, resulting in significantly increased damage, as well as effecting a chance to freeze monsters (slowing effect)
- Due to its reduction to enemy ice resists, it's useful to cast Icy Evanescence before attacking with CA's like Amplifying Discharge (modded for ice damage) or ice-damage weapons socketed with ice crystals.
- Icy Evanescence has a wide radius that can be increased even further with +combat art range item modifiers, killing everything on the screen.
- Great against Dragons - protects against their fire breath and weakens them even further to ice (which they are already weak against)
Pros and Cons
- Can be useful against very large mobs that are not moving, for example enemies within melee range
- The effect follows the Temple Guardian around while it lasts
- Ice resist reduction can be useful when paired up with an ice High Elf
- Damage mitigation protects against fire spells and melee attacks
Temple Guardian's CAs Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescence increase target's vulnerability to Ice or Fire; High Elf's Buff Crystal Skin has "Feel Cold" modification that causes all targets in close vicinity to the caster to be more vulnerable to Ice Damage. These CAs cause all enemies in Area of Effect to have modifier "Damage Vulnerability Ice/Fire +x%" which not only removes these enemies' resistance to Damage but can decrease it below zero, causing CAs to deal more damage than the value stated in CA description. These CAs do not affect target's Armor, but decrease "Damage Mitigation" modifier by fixed percentage (not by percent of target's mitigation like Ancient Magic).