Now when that so-called 'second Failitia' revealed her true identity, you may see quite well, who is standing in front of you. She is Asmarael, the Queen of Spiders, a powerful witch and dark criminal. Now you have the only one choice - to battle her and to accomplish the task the real Failitia gave you. So you tell it to Asmarael and the battle begins.
So you want to fight? Well then, prepare to die!
Asmarael is a Boss, and she is not all that easy to fight. Look at this section below to read her descrition.
It was not the easiest battle, but it's over now. Asmarael is dead and you are happy with the fact that the hardest part of your task is finished. Now it's time to tell Failitia the news and to hear what she thinks of it.
You have my thanks stranger.
Wait, you don't want to tell that this Failitia is not real either, do you?! She definitely transforms into something...
This lady really is a Seraphim. But looks like Failitia's true identity is much more powerful and glorious than the warrior you encountered before - Failitia, Dreamweaver of the Gods, one of the oldest and wisest Seraphims. Well, you helped her to defeat her old enemy and to stop the mysterious crimes that disturbed the peace of the Jungle, so she most probably wants to thank you. Talk to her to hear what she has to say. The reward from this powerful being must be good too.
- Depending on your character's alignment, Failitia's final speech would be different. But the result is the same - she is very grateful and wants to reward you for your help.
The Light Path version
A true force of the light you are. Not only did you save me, but also many others that would have fallen victim to her. Take this as a token of my appreciation!
The Shadow Path version
To walk two paths simultaneously, is to be ever grey, neither black nor white. Neither day or night. Walk on well, and with my thanks.
Your adventure is over now. You investigated the mysterious case, fought a powerful enemy, helped a mighty Seraphim and brought a peace to this region. The reward was good either. What else could a hero wish for?..
Asmarael is a new Boss added from the Community Patch. She is a witch who relies only on her spells and never approaches her opponents in close combat. Some of Asmarael's spells, like her Life Leech Aura, are powerful enough to inflict damage even to the character, whose level is higher than hers. So it would be wise to equip some Relics to boost your Magic resistance and to have some Chance to reflect Combat Arts. Reading about her special abilities on the Asmarael's page would be wise too. Of course, the witch that powerful has a lot of combat arts in her arsenal:
- Summon Spiders - Summons three Hunting Spiders, and the one Giant Spider.
- Lightning - Does Physical and Magic damage, also pushes the character away from Asmarael. It is possible to escape this spell by moving from the place where the character was when Asmarael started to cast the spell.
- Blitz Zone - That is Asmarael's Area of Effect spell. Does Magic damage and Magic DoT damage.
- Spider-web - Casts a root-based spell on the character, binding him to the ground. This spell is cast directly on the character. It is impossible to escape this spell by just moving, only by some Combat Arts.
- Heal - Heals Asmarael. May heal around one fifth of her maximum health points.
- Life Leech Aura - This spell would leech life from the character who comes near Asmarael. Also does Magic DoT damage. This is a temporary aura, so it would be wise to wait for its effect to expire before approaching Asmarael in close combat.
While the quest gameplay is identical for the Light and Shadow characters, they would however have different logbook entries.
|The Light Path log
||The Shadow Path log
The Light Path log
Asmarael is truly evil! I will have to fight her, as she will not stand down. The light must have victory this day!
Yes! I have managed to defeat Asmarael. Though this was not an easy victory, her evil shall taint the world of Ancaria no longer! I should tell Failitia the good news.
We are all glad this is over! Failitia was overjoyed. A good day today!
What the...! Is noone here what they seem to be?
What an encounter! Failitia, the Dreamweaver, closest friend to Sophia and one of the oldest and wisest beings in Ancaria. What an honor. Besides the fact that light triumphed, I also got rewarded handsomely!
The Shadow Path log
Asmarael is truly evil! I will have to fight her, as she will not stand down. Either her, or that Seraphim, I really do not care!
Yes! I have managed to defeat Asmarael. Though this was not an easy victory! I should tell Failitia the news.
I am glad this is over, it is all getting quite bothersome! Failitia was overjoyed. Something about light triumphing, I couldn't care less!
What the...! Is noone here what they seem to be?
These Seraphims... they always talk in riddles. And to make things worse, nobody seems to want to talk about my reward!
- Failitia's armor, while similar to the Virtues of the Seraphim set, is slightly different from it, and her shield was made specially for this NPC. Such gear was inspired by Seraphim's set from Sacred Underworld - the Dream Netting of the Gods. Her title is either a reference to this set.
- In the Community Patch v100 the Shadow character who would do this quest would be rewarded with the Huntress of Light unique, while the Light one won't. That appears to be a bug that would be corrected in the next versions of the CM patch.
- While this quest has a very low difficulty stated, it definitely is not the easiest one and may be really dangerous to complete.