Sacred 2:Magic Barrier
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Elemental Magic Lore - improves casting speed, allows for modification points. NO effect on the Wall.
- Elemental Magic Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- Can effectively block enemies from reaching you in certain situations. Cast on narrow pathways or in dungeon hallways and enemies will often lose interest or run in the opposite direction, bewildered.
- The bronze and silver Barricade mods are highly recommended.
- The chance to reflect from the Vengeance and Runes mods applies to attacks that hit the barrier, not the Dragon Mage. However, it is rare that an enemy will actually try to attack the barrier. Most ranged enemies, if they cannot hit the Dragon Mage, will either look for a way around the barrier, or just stop attacking. Therefore these mods have limited usefulness.
- With the Solid mod it's easy to get the duration of the barrier higher than the cooldown. However, the Dragon Mage cannot have multiple barriers up at the same time. The old one will disappear when the new one is cast.
Pros and Cons
- Keeps enemies at a safe distance
- Blocks magic and ranged projectiles that hit it
- Limited usefulness in open spaces
- Only one wall at a time allowed