NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
||A Druid in Werebear form uses his mighty paws to rend brutal gashes in the flesh of his enemies. Using this ability, the fury of his assault increases with every blow he lands.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
None. Maul is a special combat art available only when the Druid transforms into the Werebear. Therefore modification points cannot be used on it.
Some of the other Werebear modifications will affect the power of Maul: Fire Claws will convert some of Maul's damage burst into fire damage. Deadly Strike, Hunger, and Ravage will also apply their effects to Maul.
Skills and Attributes
No skills or attributes affect the damage, regeneration, or execution speed of Maul. These values only improve as the level of Werebear and the level of the player increase. Even the regeneration time naturally decreases as player level and CA level go up.
- Maul charges up and releases damage novas like the Shadow Warrior's Killing Spree.
- Since v13, the chance for critical hits and life leech correctly apply to the Werebear's attacks directly. Prior to this they would only trigger on the damage nova.
- The Werebear should use Maul as often as possible. There is only a 5 second gap between the duration and the cooldown.
- All of the Werebear's innate abilities (and his special CA's including Maul) scale with CA level. However, they also scale with character level, meaning a Werebear with only one rune read will have a much more powerful Maul attack (with higher damage, lower regen time, and faster speed) when the character is level 50 than when they are level 1. This scaling makes up for the fact that no attributes or skills increase Maul.
Pros and Cons
- High damage and life leech, can destroy weak mobs quickly.
- No way to improve its powers except for increasing character level and CA level of Werebear.
- 25 second cooldown can't be reduced and 20 second duration can't be increased.