NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
The Hitpoints, Chance to hit, Damage and Armor noted above of Mother Hydra are dependent on the level of Mother Hydra. Stats will scale based on Mother Hydra's level. Use the above stats as a guideline.
- Mother Hydra is found in the southwestern corner of the Swamp, in a watery area.
- There will likely be lots of other enemies around, including Mudsuckers and a number of Undead. If you're lucky, some friendly Iron Wolf mercenaries might spawn nearby. They might take out the Undead or distract Mother Hydra's attention enough to turn the tide of battle in your favor.
- Spawn Hydra Young - she will usually cast this right away. This summons two Young Hydras. She will keep summoning more every 30 seconds so it is a good idea to take out the Young Hydras as soon as they appear and then refocus on Mother Hydra.
- The green hydra is weaker and has a Poison Hard Hit attack.
- The purple hydra is an elite and shoots an Electricity Shock cone that does magic and physical damage. This attack also has a 20% chance to stun and weaken you.
- Twisted Torment - similar to the Dryad spell of the same name, causes poison damage in pulses and slows your movement speed for 4 seconds.
- Mother Hydra is one of a few non-Diablo related bosses in D2F. The design is an homage to the Lernean Hydra from the game Titan Quest. The name is a reference to Mother Hydra from the Cthulhu Mythos. She forms a menacing pair of swamp bosses along with Father Dagon.
Back to the D2F Boss List