NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
||This spell befouls the atmosphere surrounding the caster. With an arcane chant, the Necromancer corrupts the very air we breathe and causes it to erupt in all directions. It is from years of investigation and preparation that the Necromancer can choose a poisonous gas that is toxic to the minions of evil, yet harmless to himself and his companions.
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Toxin - Increases the base poison damage inflicted by 28 + 24 per level.
- Effluvium - Increases the radius of Poison Nova by 50%.
- Virulence - Increases the poison damage over time by 4.2/s + 2.6/s per level.
- Deadly Strike - Inflicts double damage when opponent health falls below 25%
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- Note that, like all CA's in the Poison and Bone aspect, casting speed is determined by weapon speed, and can be boosted by weapon lore skills and +% attack speed. Likewise, the casting speed will be penalized by wielding a weapon with too high a level. Tactics Lore serves as the aspect lore skill in terms of damage boost, critical chance, and modification points.
- Range can be expanded to great effect with silver mod Effluvium and/or Combat Art Range +X% modifier on gear. Effluvium will also increase the range scaling per level, so by max level the radius will be doubled.
- Cursing enemies beforehand with Lower Resist is highly recommended, especially for poison-resistant enemies.
Pros and Cons
- Good range and damage, inflicts both flat damage and DOT.
- Good for mobs and crowd control.
- Not very effective against large powerful single targets (bosses, dragons, etc.).