NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
||The sword of a Paladin represents the might of righteousness and her shield symbolizes the strength of her faith. Both are tools she uses to mete out justice. Just as righteousness can give her spirit the fortitude to overcome the attacks of the unjust, so too can faith be a weapon to strike back at those who work to defeat her.
This is a Weapon Damage Based Combat Art.
- Sublime Combat
Innate Abilities (Lvl 1)
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Surprise - Adds a chance opponents cannot evade Smite (35% + 0.3% per level).
- Mortal Strike - Adds a chance to inflict mortal wounds, which decrease the opponent's base hitpoints briefly and cause bleeding damage (25% + 0.2% per level).
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Any weapon lore (such as Sword Weapons when the Paladin is wielding a sword) - will indirectly increase this combat art's attack speed, damage and chance to hit, and will allow the equipping of higher level weapons used to execute this combat art.
- Combat Discipline - will increase its damage and reduce its regeneration time if this Combat Art is placed within a combo. This increase in damage is direct; it increases the +xx% that the CA adds to base damage.
- Speed Lore - will increase its chance to hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Useful for shortcuts and escapes. The Paladin can leap over rivers, up hills, etc. Paladin can use CTRL + Right Click to use it without targeting an enemy.
- Mortal Strike provides a very serious debuff, useful against bosses and superuniques.
- Despite the CA description and some expectations, Smite does not utilize the Paladin's shield in any way. There is simply no way to make shields offensive in Sacred 2, even shield-bashing animations are absent.
Pros and Cons
- Good damage.
- Can be modded for Area of Effect damage.
- Extremely low regeneration time.
- Can quickly reach distant enemies, or escape dangerous foes.
- Jump animation is slow at low levels.