Sacred 2:Valeview Cemetary
Valeview is a small farming community northeast of Griffinborough and due south of the Royal Honkytonk Inn. It has a small cemetery across the bridge from the main part of town that contains some interesting markers...
- Don't ask for whom the bell tolled, it tolled for me.
- - Refers to the novel "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemmingway.
- This was rather harsh for a speeding ticket.
- "Whats the worst that could happen", he asked.
- I wish I'd checked the wind direction before the 'bigger they are, the harder they fall' challenge.
- Ha! - gutted by his own razor sharp wit.
- Sorry, Ma, How was I supposed to know "step on a crack, break your mother's back" would lead to this?
- She stopped going out because she was afraid of what might happen, so she stayed at home and died of boredom.
- So my idea for a dragon-flamed burger restaurant didn't work out. What are you, perfect?
- Don't make fun of dragons, you aren't big, you aren't clever & you most certainly aren't flame proof.
There are a couple of easter eggs here as well:
- This tomb previously raided by L. Croft.
- - Refers to Lara Croft of the Tomb Raider video game/movie franchise
- There's nothing here but a weathered fedora hat, looks like that Jones fellow beat you again.
- - Refers to Stephen Spielberg's Indiana Jones movie/game franchise.
- Poor Nero, He was done in by a Wolfe.
- - Nero Wolfe is a fictional New York City detective created by Rex Stout in 1934. There were 33 novels and 39 short stories written about the detective. There was also a TV series starring Maury Chaykin as Nero Wolfe on A&E.
The memorial statuary in the center of the back row of the cemetery:
"Life is hard. After all, it kills you."
- - Quote from Katharine Hepburn