NOTE: The contents of this page are exclusive content found only by installing the player-made mega-mod Diablo 2 Fallen.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- Can be useful against very large mobs that are not moving, for example enemies within melee range.
- The effect follows the Assassin around while it lasts.
- The duration is fixed at 10 seconds unless the player takes the Sustain gold mod. Taking this mod will slowly increase the duration, allowing it to catch up to the 15s cooldown at level 100, allowing constant Wake of Inferno if the regen time is kept low. At max level 200, the duration will reach 20s.
- The radius is fixed at a modest 7.4m unless the player takes the Sea of Flames gold mod. Taking this mod will slowly increase the range, effectively tripling it by max level 200. This boost can be combined with Combat Art Range +X% item modifiers, dramatically increasing the radius and killing everything on the screen.
- The reduction to enemy fire resistance actually increases damage sensitivity, working like reverse Damage Mitigation. It will affect all enemies, whether they are fire-immune or whether they have no fire resistance at all.
- Due to its reduction to enemy fire resists, it's useful to cast Wake of Inferno before attacking with CA's like Fire Blast or fire-damage weapons socketed with a Jewel of Flame.
- Wake of Inferno has a mutual exclusivity with the enemy spell Icy Evanescence. If the two spells are cast in an overlapping area, whichever is the higher level will cancel out the other. There are 4 enemies that can use Icy Evanescence:
- The Assassin can use Wake of Inferno to cancel out the enemy's Icy Evanescence, but beware if Wake of Inferno is too low level -- the enemy will banish the Assassin's spell instead!
Pros and Cons
- Area of effect damage
- Weakens enemies to other fire attacks
- Protects from cold damage
- Can banish certain enemy spells (if higher level)
- Low damage early on
- 15s cooldown can't be decreased
- Can be banished by certain enemy spells (if lower level)