- Talk to Orphas (part of the Dragon Mage initial quest)
- Talk to the Captain (part of the Dragon Mage initial quest)
- Use the Portal (part of the Dragon Mage initial quest)
- Travel to Happy Cow Farm and talk to Geraldil
- Travel to the target location (East of Twainbrook)
- Wait 15 seconds in the target area OR exit and re-enter the target area
- Kill 5 Bandits
- Pick up the Half-burned Note
You begin this quest automatically after talking to Orphas as part of the Dragon Mage’s initial quest. As with that quest, you need to head North and then Southeast to the beach and talk to the Captain there. You can then use the portal to teleport to the Golden Coast.
From the area where you appear, you need to head North to Happy Cow Farm and talk to Geraldil.
Despite what he says about the glade where Fangil currently is being near Twainbrook, it’s actually about the same distance from Twainbrook as it is from Sloeford to Twainbrook. Either way, it’s a bit of a trek, so you may want to do some of the quests in the area and level up a bit first before you set off to find Fangil.
From Happy Cow Farm, head North to Sloeford, then North out of Sloeford, following the road right (Northeast) after crossing the river. At the next junction head East over the river, and at the junction after that, again head East over the river (rather than North towards the village of Twainbrook itself). Continue East on this road until it turns South, instead continuing East and a little South to Fangil’s location.
On arriving at a small hut you find that Fangil isn’t there.
You can either wait approximately fifteen seconds for the quest to automatically move to the next stage, or you can step outside the target zone, read the message that tells you to wait, and then step back inside the target zone. It is debateable which of the two is faster. Either way, five bandits will spawn around you – kill them and then pick up the Half-burned note.
This completes the quest. The next quest in the chain, Sudden and Unexpected automatically begins in the Thylysium slums area as you approach Fangil’s house.
- Bug: The logbook mistakenly refers to the dragon Orphas (from the Dragon Mage's initial quest) as 'Orphans', as well as misspelling 'apparently stops' towards the end of the quest text.