Difference between revisions of "Sacred 2:Shield Lore"

From SacredWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(14 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
{{Languages}}
 +
 
__NOTOC__
 
__NOTOC__
===http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/Skills/shieldlore.gif Shield Lore===
+
===http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/Skills/shieldlore.gif '''Shield Lore'''===
  
Increases the total Defense Value of characters. Grants the ability to use higher-level shields.
+
Increases the total Defense Value of characters when a [[Sacred 2:Shields|shield]] is equipped. Grants the ability to use higher-level shields without [[Sacred 2:Attack Speed|attack speed]] penalty.
  
* Defense +X% (refer to table below)
+
* [[Sacred 2:Defense Value X%|Defense]] +X% (refer to table below)
* Item level without penalty Y
+
* [[Sacred 2:Items/Usable Item Levels|Item level without penalty]] Y
  
  
Line 24: Line 26:
 
<center>{{titlebar|C09709|[[/Full Table|Click here to see the full table]]}}</center>
 
<center>{{titlebar|C09709|[[/Full Table|Click here to see the full table]]}}</center>
  
 +
===[[Sacred 2:Skill Mastery|Mastery]]===
 +
* Grants a chance to [[Sacred 2:Block chance: Close Combat|block close combat attacks]].
 +
Parameters of block are calculated layerwise: 80% chance to block on shields and 20% chance to block on Bracers will not grant 100% chance to block (only 80+20*0.2 = 84%). However, "shield lore" skill mastery grants the bonus, which stacks cumulatively (1+1=2) with a chance of a block on the shield: thus, when a bonus block from "shield lore" skill mastery and a chance to block on the shield summary reached 100%, the character would be '''completely immune to all melee attacks''', including weapon-based CAs.
 +
 +
===Properties===
 +
* "Item Level Without Penalty" reduces the attack speed penalties for equipping high-level shields; it doesn't allow equipping shields above certain threshold (which depends on character level - see [[Sacred 2:Items/Usable Item Levels|Items/Usable Item Levels]])
 +
* As of version 2.43.0.0 of the game, the in-game skill description still says it increases the Defense Value of shields. However it is in fact the <u>total</u> Defense Value of characters which is increased when a shield is equipped. For instance, even a shield without any innate defense value will still increase the character's defense.
 +
 +
 +
===Breakpoints===
 +
* Item level without penalty is increased by one for every two skill points spent, starting at character level value. It is capped at 250.
 +
 +
* The Defense Bonus and Chance to Block are increased in steps as shown in the [[/Full Table|Shield Lore full table]].
 +
 +
 +
The '''Defense bonus''' at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
 +
* '''400'''*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
 +
* '''600'''*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
 +
The '''Chance to Block bonus''' at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
 +
* '''60'''*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
 +
The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
 +
 +
As an example, defense at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have
  
====Mastery====
+
600*(75-32.5)/(75+66) = 600*42.5/141 = '''180.85'''
* Grants a chance to block close combat attacks.
 
  
 +
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.
  
====Properties====
 
* "Item Level Without Penalty" reduces the speed penalties for equipping high-level shields; it doesn't allow equipping shields above certain threshold (which depends on character level)
 
* As of version 2.43.0.0 of the game, the in-game skill description still says it increases the Defense Value of shields. However it is in fact the Total Defense Value of characters.
 
  
 +
===Types===
 +
Shields consist of:
 +
* [[Sacred 2:Crest Shields‎|Crest Shields‎]]
 +
* [[Sacred 2:Round Shields‎|Round Shields‎]]
 +
* [[Sacred 2:Spiked Shields‎|Spiked Shields‎]]
 +
* [[Sacred 2:Tower Shields|Tower Shields]]
  
 +
===Modifiers unlocked===
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Block chance: Close Combat|Block chance: Close Combat]]
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Block chance: Projectiles|Block chance: Projectiles]]
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Defense Value|Defense Value]]
  
====Breakpoints====
 
* Item level without penalty is increased by one for every two skill points spent, starting at character level value. It is capped at 250.
 
  
* The Defense Bonus and Chance to Block are increased in steps as shown in the [[/Full Table|Shield Lore full table]].
+
===See Also===
 +
----
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Skills|Skills]]
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Combat Arts|Combat Arts]]
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Items|Items]]
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Item Modifiers|Item Modifiers]]
 +
*[[Sacred 2:Sacred 2 Player Contributed Guides|Player Contributed Guides]]

Latest revision as of 13:05, 16 March 2014


shieldlore.gif Shield Lore

Increases the total Defense Value of characters when a shield is equipped. Grants the ability to use higher-level shields without attack speed penalty.


Skill level 1 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 74 75 80 90 100 110 120 130 140 155 170 185 200
Defense, +%: 9,8 41,7 71,5 96,9 118,5 137,3 153,6 168,1 173,5 180,8 195,1 221,1 243,8 264,2 282,2 298,3 313,1 332,5 349,5 364,5 377,7
Chance to Block, +%: - - - - - - - - - 18 19,5 22,1 24,2 26,3 28,2 29,7 31,2 33,2 34,9 36,4 37,7


lsTitle.png
rsTitle.png

Mastery

Parameters of block are calculated layerwise: 80% chance to block on shields and 20% chance to block on Bracers will not grant 100% chance to block (only 80+20*0.2 = 84%). However, "shield lore" skill mastery grants the bonus, which stacks cumulatively (1+1=2) with a chance of a block on the shield: thus, when a bonus block from "shield lore" skill mastery and a chance to block on the shield summary reached 100%, the character would be completely immune to all melee attacks, including weapon-based CAs.

Properties

  • "Item Level Without Penalty" reduces the attack speed penalties for equipping high-level shields; it doesn't allow equipping shields above certain threshold (which depends on character level - see Items/Usable Item Levels)
  • As of version 2.43.0.0 of the game, the in-game skill description still says it increases the Defense Value of shields. However it is in fact the total Defense Value of characters which is increased when a shield is equipped. For instance, even a shield without any innate defense value will still increase the character's defense.


Breakpoints

  • Item level without penalty is increased by one for every two skill points spent, starting at character level value. It is capped at 250.


The Defense bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:

  • 400*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
  • 600*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery

The Chance to Block bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:

  • 60*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery

The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.

As an example, defense at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have

600*(75-32.5)/(75+66) = 600*42.5/141 = 180.85

This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.


Types

Shields consist of:

Modifiers unlocked


See Also