The Energy Pistol is quite different from other ranged weapons. It fires a visually larger projectile that moves quite slowly, more than capable of missing its target if the target sidesteps. However the damage on them is higher than the other thrown weapons, making up for that fact if the player is in close range.
Ranged Weapons Modifiers for Energy Pistols
Item Level refers to the minimum level the item must be for the modifier to be able to appear. The item level 70 modifier requires Ranged Weapons mastery for it to be unlocked.
- Chance for Pierce allows the projectile to continue past the original target and strike further opponents who are directly behind it. Thus when many enemies are approaching in a group striking the nearest opponent can often lead to many being struck down.
- Certain opponents have a chance to reflect ranged damage back to the attacker, the Mastery Unlock for energy pistols can decrease the chance of this drastically.
- Energy Pistols typically deal multiple types of damage. They will always deal some physical damage, however depending on the weapon they will also deal any of the other damage types. The additional damage types are not restricted to a single one at a time, you can have Energy Pistols that have multiple elemental damages, allowing for several different status effects being possible without any additional gear.
- Straight Line
- Can be affected by Terrain
- If the energy discharge reaches the edge of the map it will turn around and bounce back, criss-crossing the world and impacting the enemies if they happen to cross paths. This creates the 'Projectile Storm' effect sometimes seen in game.
- Infinite? There is no apparent maximum range for the projectile so for the purpose of gameplay purposes they can continue on forever.
- Can pierce targets with appropriate modifiers on the pistol
- Up to two gold sockets as well as the grey damage converter socket. However since they are one handed you can also equip a shield, adding additional sockets.
In game they are listed under three names:
- Energy Pistol
- Energy Smallarm
- Energy Shot
Common Energy Pistols
Notable Energy Pistols
Unique Energy Pistols
Community Patch Energy Pistols: