|Goddess of Chaos or Evil (Exclusive Shadow)
She is the destroyer, and the guardian of darkness.
||From depths of the dimensions, Ker conjures a demon which will assist the caster in his fight for evil until it is either destroyed or succeeds in casting off its magic shackles, thus breaking free from the conjurer's control.|
This demon is a powerful Boss enemy that fights alongside the character who summoned it for some time, and then turns against the summoner.
There is an in-game book that describes the legends and beliefs about Ker. This book is entitled Book 6 - Ker, Goddess of Evil.
- Statues of Ker can be found all over Ancaria. Praying near them helps the characters to partially regenerate her Divine Gift - Sakkara.
Have a look through the SacredWiki Map to find out where her statues are located.
- She also has a statue in each of the many Temples of the Gods scattered throughout Ancaria.
Ker is the Goddess of the dark entities of Ancaria. Most of the evil mages and summoners choose her as their Goddess. The Inquisition respects her as well. While no specific region officially claims to esteem her, the cults of her followers appear in various parts of Ancaria. The traveller may encounter one of these cults in the Noriath Temple during the completion of the Purification of the Temple side quest. The shrine dedicated to Ker can also be found in Artamark near the Kufferath Castle.
Ker Priests also take part in many mysterious and dark deeds that happen in the world of Ancaria. Some of the adventurers can meet Ker Priest Gordani, who is plotting against the Seraphim Priestesses and even take part in his plans.
There are several quests in game that are dedicated to the player character's chosen Deity. The ones dedicated to Ker are:
- LIST THE GOD QUESTS HERE
Possible references for this Deity's name or background
- In some of the internal game files Ker is called Kali, which is the name of ill-tempered Hindu Goddess who was described coming to the battlefield, drinking the blood of the slain, and dancing wildly after that. That and Ker's many handed appearance, which resembles the appearance of Hindu Gods, proves that this is one of the origins of the Goddess of Chaos. Why she was renamed lately remains a question.
- Her current name may be a shortened version of Keres - the name for the malevolent female spirits in Greek Mythology.
- While her in-game book refers to Ker as the Goddess of Evil, the printed manual lists her as the Goddess of Chaos. The inscription on her in-game statues reads 'Ker - The Goddess of Chaos' as well.
- Ker can be chosen only by the characters who follow the Path of Shadow, therefore she can't be chosen by the Seraphim.
Return to Deities