Sacred 2:Block chance: Projectiles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Provides a chance to block opponents' projectile attacks. It can block any attack made by a ranged weapon, including a Combat Art attack made with a ranged weapon.
- Bonuses from different sources have diminishing returns and can be calculated using the following formula:
- x_final = х_1 + х_2*(100%-х_1)^2 + х_3*(100%-(х_1+х_2*(100%-х_1)^2))^2 + х_4*...
- The block is calculated before reflection. Blocked damage cannot be reflected when reaching 100% chance to block (only possible for Close Combat).
- For example a High Elf repeatedly casting the Expulse Magic on herself eventually gains a Chance Block Combat Arts at close to 100%, and the "Crystal Skin" buff ceases to reflect spells, as all they have previously blocked. This fact in no way belittles the importance of reflection, however, just a note of the fact that when achieving 100% chance to block, reflection makes no sense as it simply won't work.
- Successfully blocking or reflecting a close combat or ranged combat attack negates all detrimental effects and negative effects like stun/disarm/Deep Wounds-Serious Open Wounds-Deadly Wounds, that could have been caused by this attack.
- In the U.S. version of Fallen Angel (and on consoles) this bonus is called "Block Chance: Ranged"
Availability of Block chance: Projectiles as Item Modifier