- Mount Combat Arts +X% (refer to table below)
- Maximum Horse level +Y
|Combat Art, +%:||12,3||52,2||89,5||121||148,1||171,6||192,1||210,1||216,8||226||244||276,3||304,8||330,2||352,7||373||391,2||425,7||436,8||455,6||472,2|
|Run Speed, +%:||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||15||16,2||18,4||20,3||22||23,5||24,8||26||27,7||29,1||30,3||31,4|
- Increases Run Speed while mounted (unlocks Run Speed skill bonus). This is the only bonus that will make mounts move faster.
- The increase in speed is an additive % bonus on top of the default mount speed. This means that slower mounts will benefit from the Mastery bonus more noticeably (higher relative increase). For details on exact default mount speeds of every character, refer to the Comparison section on the Mounts page.
- This skill will unlock horse attributes that require Riding skill, like "Block chance (Riding)".
- Reduces the regeneration penalty for mounting, which is displayed on the mount as "Regeneration Time of all Combat Arts +X%" (a horse with +30% regen penalty, will have only +5% penalty at higher Riding skill). This bonus is diminishing, so you get less benefit at higher levels (don't expect to hit 0% penalty). You can see a full table example of this effect here, for a mount that gives 30% regen penalty.
- Increases the base damage of Rear Up and Charge horse Combat Arts by the "Mount Combat Arts +X%" percentage. If the horse is doing 100 damage while charging, Riding level 1 will increase that damage to 112.
- Does not affect regeneration of Combat Arts
- Does not affect the Cooldown of horse Combat Arts
- Does not affect non-horse Combat Art damage
- There is almost no visually noticeable increase in Run Speed after attaining Riding level 75 (30% won't make you move much faster than the initial 15%). The speed bonus is adding up however, and it doesn't seem to be affected by diminishing returns.
- Maximum Horse Level is increased by 1 or 2 at first skill level (depending on character level) starting at character level value, and by 1 for every skill point after that. It is capped at 252.
- The Combat Art and Speed bonuses are increased in steps as shown in the Riding full table.
The Combat Art bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 500*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
- 750*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The Run Speed bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 50*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
As an example, combat art bonus at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have
750*(75-32.5)/(75+66) = 750*42.5/141 = 226.06
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.