Sacred 2:Blazing Tempest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Arrant Pyromancer Lore - improves combat art damage, critical chance and casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Arrant Pyromancer Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of Burning (secondary damage effect) triggered by Blazing Tempest's fire damage.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- This aspect's most effective spell against mobs. Herd together as large group in as open an area as possible and cast.
- In the PC version, right-clicking close to the character will result in a wider angle of the tempest (can be >180°) but lower damage on initial hit. Right-clicking farther away from the character will result in a tempest of a smaller angle that will do more damage on initial hit. In the console version, the spread of the tempest is determined by the distance between the player and the enemy targeted.
- As the damage over time is larger than the initial damage, a way to quickly kill mobs can be to cast and move on, letting the DOT finish them off. This can be a very fast way to gain experience. The disadvantage of this method is that you leave behind treasure when the mobs die.
- Even if playing an elf that is not using any pyromancer skills, Blazing Tempest may be a way to quickly kill lots of enemies at the beginning (first 5-10 levels) and quickly gain experience.
- Can be used in association with the uniques Nlovae's mystery (staff) and Glacial Defender (shield) to increase combat art range significantly.
- Suggested mods: Scorch, Conflagration, Ambition
Pros and Cons
- The wave hits all enemies in its scope, passing through opponents, instead of being blocked by them.
- Enemies catch Fire 100% of the time, playes will thus always deal Damage Over Time.
- Length of burning damage over time increases with Combat Art level
- Damage over time hits from this Combat Art can incur Chance for critical hits.
- Ambition mod seems to increase Chance for critical hits on both initial hit and Damage over Time (DoT) hits.
- The flat fire damage portion of Blazing Tempest can trigger the Burning secondary effect, which will cause extra fire DoT on top of the built-in DoT.
- Comparatively long regeneration time
- Obstacles (signs, trees, rocks, etc.) cannot be passed through. The blocked segment of the wave will be extinguished.
- Cannot pass over water (i.e. ponds, ocean, swamp, etc.).