While visiting Griffinborough, the capital of Artamark, you may also visit a big old castle, that towers up the city. In this castle you might find a king of the human land, or some other noble person, who could have an interesting and important mission for you... At least that's what you were thinking while heading to this castle. Reality was kind of disapponting. In the castle you found nobody but few guards. You also heard some scratching sounds, but couldn't find the source.
But the guards look very busy, so you decide to visit the guardhouse to find out what's going on. On the first floor of the guardhouse you notice a lot of tables stuffed with food. The guards definitely are preparing some big event. It may be interesting... But that Guard in the middle of the room doesn't look well. He has a very worried look, so you decide to ask him about his trouble.
Rats, huh? After visiting many dungeons of Ancaria you can relate to Guard Jones and his comrades. This world is really plagued with rats, they are everywhere... At this time of your travels you already hate these annoying omnipresent rodents with passion, so you agree to help the guards.
Now you're in the head of the anti-rat crusade, and Jones isn't the only one who follows you. Five of his comrades, the Soldiers of Griffinborough, would also join you. While you were chatting with Jones, these guys were waiting in the barracks on the second floor of the guardhouse. After you talk to Jones, you can go up the stairs and meet your new hirelings (though you can wait downstairs until they gather around you).
- This quest involves fighting together with hirelings. One main hireling (Jones) is immortal, so you don't have to worry about him. The others will be hurt if hit, but noone of them died during many test runs of this quest. The rats don't seem to pose a real threat to these Soldiers.
Now it's time to look for the Rats. Since the count would stay in the main building of the castle, this is the first place to be cleaned. The main building is the one contrary to the castle entrance. Yes, the one with the fountain next too the front door.
You can hear something scratching behind this massive door, but now you're well aware what it is. So you can just open the door and rush to the hall. Beware, rats, here comes the hero!
Both floors of the building are really filled with rats. They are everywhere. But you're coming to get them. And the Soldiers... the Soldiers run in front of you and approach the rodents in a fight before you even notice them. In this castle there are too many creatures for one building... But there would be less of them soon.
- The Soldiers aren't only quick to find the Rats, they are also quite effective in fighting them. The Soldiers actually can exterminate all rodents without your help. Seriously, you can just wait next to the front door until the Soldiers finish the job. Surprisingly, even if you don't interfere, the Soldiers manage to survive.
...18 ...19 ...20! The last rat is gone. Now Guard Jones can be happy with the result. And looks like he really is happy. At least he doesn't look so worried anymore and wants to talk to you.
- After the last rat is dead, Guard Jones would approach you with the exclamation mark above his head, so you won't have to look for him.
Let's hear what he would say.
So, this is the end... Not as epic as you expected, but at least you earned some gold. The "quest from the Griffinborough castle" became just another note in your journal. The real adventures are yet to be found.
Hirelings and Escorts
- Guard Jones - Hireling. Immortal (He can hit the enemy, but the enemy won't fight back). Close combat fighter (Equipped with sword).
- Soldiers of Griffinborough - Hirelings. Mortal. All five are close combat fighters. All five are equipped with swords.