Sacred 2:Magic Staffs
Improves wielding magic staves by increasing the chance to hit, as well as Attack Speed. Grants the ability to use higher-level weapons successfully. Since the Ice and Blood add-on, choosing this skill unlocks the ability to use staves as ranged weapons.
|Attack Speed, +%:||1,9||8,3||14,3||19,2||23,7||27,3||30,7||33,5||34,7||36||39||44,2||48,7||52,7||56,4||59,5||62,5||66,5||69,9||72,9||75,5|
|Double Hit, +%:||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||23||24,5||27,1||29,3||31,4||33,2||34,8||36,3||38,2||39,9||41,4||42,7|
- Grants the chance to land double hits.
- This skill will unlock weapon attributes that require Magic Staffs skill (like "Attack speed (Magic Staffs)).
- "Item Level Without Penalty" reduces the speed penalties for equipping high-level weapons, it doesn't allow equipping weapons above certain threshold (which depends on character level - see Items/Usable Item Levels)
- The projectiles granted by this skill are comparable in speed, flight path and range to those of Energy Weapons. (see Ranged Weapons for more info and comparison). The color and texture of the projectiles changes according to the primary elemental damage type on the staff (which is changeable by socketing a damage converter such as a Chunk of Lava):
- Item level without penalty is increased by one for every two skill points spent, starting at character level value. It is capped at 250.
- The bonuses are increased in steps as shown in the Magic Staffs full table.
The Attack Value bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 400*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
- 600*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The Attack Speed bonus at a given skill level x is given fairly precisely by the following formulas:
- 80*(x+1.5)/(x+100) Pre-Mastery
- 120*(x-32.5)/(x+66) Mastery
The bold marked numbers are the smallest upper bounds of this progression, which will never at any skill level be exceeded.
As an example, attack value at x=75: 75 is the first mastery level, so we take the mastery formula and we have
600*(75-32.5)/(75+66) = 600*42.5/141 = 180.85
This value compared with the table value is a good example of the precision the formulas offer.
Magic staffs consist of: