Jump to navigation Jump to search
Enemies are slowed and weakened in the area of effect, missiles are slowed (casts a massive dome over the targeted area).
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Mentalism Lore - improves casting speed, allows for modification points. No apparent effect on the Maelstrom.
- Mentalism Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time.
- Given its slowing effect, Maelstorm is very well-suited against enemies who have the annoying tendency of running away (such as archers and casters).
- Energy Blaze and Maelstorm make a fine combination. The blaze hurts a group of enemies, and if they survive, they will be severely crippled by the Maelstorm, leading to some much easier kills.
- The weakening effect makes it go great before virtually any damaging spell. The slow effect makes enemies easy picking for Destroyers and Protectors, slows them down so that the Dragon Strike will more reliably hit them, etc..
Pros and Cons
- Debuffs enemies in several ways
- Wide area of effect
- Causes no damage