This chain, which is dedicated to the famous Goethe's Faust, can be started in the village of Black Oaks. Though this quest is not very long and is not rewarded with anything special, it's quite interesting to complete. Completion of this chain requires to travel, but the way won't be long. It also requires fighting, but the enemies won't be dangerous. Even the escort quest won't be very troublesome, since the road would be short.
The quests in this chain are:
- Rosaceae for the doctor
- The Book of books
- The Pact
- Ah, linger on, thou art so fair!
In order to start your journey towards completing this multi-part quest, you would have to talk to Dr. Faust, who can be found standing next to his house, near the market square of Black Oaks. The detailed information on this string of quests starts here.
- Talk to Dr. Faust next to his house in Black Oaks to start the quest
- Head to the forest north of the village and find some strawberries
- Pick 10 strawberries
- Bring the berries to Faust and talk to him
- Talk to Dr. Faust again to hear about the book he is interested in
- Travel to Griffinborough and find the Librarian's house next to the Blacksmith
- Enter the house and talk to the Librarian to know where the book can be found
- Head to the ruins east of Griffinborough
- Go down the catacombs under the said ruins
- Talk to the Ghost called Johann in the catacombs
- Eliminate Johann
- Head to the next level of the catacombs
- Talk to the Ghost called Wolfgang there
- Eliminate Wolfgang
- Find the farthest corner of the cave where the skeleton is lying
- When you come there, the book would drop to your feet. Pick that book
- Return to the Black Oaks and give the book to Dr. Faust
- Talk to Dr. Faust again, and he would ask to escort him to Mephisto
- Together with Faust, head to the shrine of Ker, which is in the forest north of Black Oaks
- You need to come very close to Mephisto to make him pay attention to you
- Talk to Mephisto to leave Faust with him and finish the quest
- Talk to Margaret, who stands on the top of the hill next to the shrine of Ker
- Head back to the shrine
- Kill Dr. Faust and Mephisto
- Find Margaret next to the shrine entrance and talk to her to finish the chain quest
- As it were said, this chain is somewhat dedicated to Goethe's Faust. Most of the NPCs you would encounter during the quest completion resemble the characters from the famous play. You would also meet two ghosts, Wolfgang and Johann, who were named after Goethe himself and talk with quotations from the play.