Sacred 2:Expulse Magic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Delphic Arcania Lore - increases the banishing potential number (Ice & Blood only). Increases casting speed and allows for modification points. Increases the damage against Undead and T-Mutants.
- Delphic Arcania Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- Note: Intelligence, Ancient Magic, and Damage Lore enhance the damage from the Banish Creation and Banish Dead mods.
- De-buffs cannot be removed by anything except Expulse Magic.
- Will provide a chance to block enemy spells and CAs, i.e. the Kobold Chief's boulder throw attack.
- Can be used debuff enemies (can remove enemy energy shields like the 4 guardians or Gar Colossus).
- Will also prevent enemies from casting their own buffs.
- Can also be used as an AoE against Undead and/or T-Mutants.
- Possible strategy is to keep this CA around maximum ca level without penalty. This will increase the duration and casting strength meaning it won't have to be re-cast as often.
Pros and Cons
- A strong defensive CA against non-weapon-based attacks from enemies.
- Can provide an area of relative safety once the strength of the fear effect increases with higher levels.
- Multiple castings stack (power of CA stacks for magic expulsion).
- The damage from the damaging mods (Banish Dead and Banish Creation) is quite decent.
- The CA is cast on a fixed circular area that does not move with the High Elf. If an enemy moves out of the circle, it is no longer affected.
- Can occasionally be unreliable with targeting. Depending on what is targeted when Expulse Magic is cast, some enemies can remain unaffected even when in the circle. And sometimes, even enemies outside the visual circle will be affected. Casting it directly by clicking on an enemy seems to ensure at least that enemy will be affected.
- The Protection modification allows the elf to block Combat Arts for the entire duration of Expulse Magic regardless of whether or not she stays in the circle. This effect also stacks repeatedly with multiple casts, allowing for extremely high chances of blocking enemy spells.
- Some enemies have castable buffs, which Expulse Magic can remove. When it does, the enemy in question can get stuck constantly recasting the buff over and over as Expulse Magic instantly cancels it, effectively locking the enemy in a cast animation loop until Expulse Magic runs out. Notable examples are Gar'Colossus or Elite Orcs.
|Level||Regen Time||Change to Fear Opponents||Duration||Spell-banishing Effectiveness|
- Hits 0.8 + (0.002*CA Level) times per second. This determines the frequency of the fear checks and also the frequency of damage ticks from any of the damaging mods (Banish Dead and Banish Creation).