Sacred 2:Raging Nimbus
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a Spell Damage Based Combat Art.
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Mystic Stormite Lore - improves combat art damage, critical chance and casting speed, allows for modification points.
- Mystic Stormite Focus - reduces regeneration time and allows for higher level combat art without penalty, allows for modification points.
- Concentration - directly improves regeneration time
- Combat Discipline - will increase the damage of this combat art and lower its regeneration time if it is placed in a combo.
- Damage Lore - will improve the chance, duration, and strength of the secondary damage effects triggered by Raging Nimbus: Open Wounds and Freeze.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- A standard AoE that can be modded either for damage or for mass debuffing of monster attack values.
- Increase its range with +combat art range item modifiers.
Pros and Cons
- Good damage and debuffs to mobs of enemies
- Doesn't move around
- Raging Nimbus reduces the movement speed of all opponents who at least once passed through its area of effect for the entire duration of the spell. The slowing effect does not disappear even if the opponent leaves the area of the blizzard.
- The Roar modification reduces the opponents' attack value in pulses - for one second per pulse. It means that the effect itself lasts for only a second and is renewed every second for every opponent in the area of effect. Therefore, all enemies who stay in the blizzard have their attack values reduced for the duration of the spell, while on those who leave the area the effect dissipates in a second.
- The Roar mod uses a particular formula to calculate the attack value reduction: 1-1/(1+(500+20*CA level)/1000). For level 1, this gives 1-1/(1+(500+20*1)/1000) = 34.2% reduction, level 10 gives 1-1/(1+(500+20*10)/1000) = 41.2% reduction, level 50 gives 1-1/(1+(500+20*50)/1000) = 60% reduction.
- Reducing attack value modifications for High Elf's's Combat Arts "Frost Flare" and "Raging Nimbus" are added with each other multiplicatively (layerwise). For example, 120 Combat Art level "Frost Flare" and 105 Combat Art level "Raging Nimbus", used on the same enemy, will reduce target attack value by 66% at first and by 61% secondly. The final target attack value = x*0.34*0.39 = 0.13*x Due to the peculiarities of a chance to hit calculation this means, that High Elf will be hit by enemies 3-4 times less. To effect stacking a player must use Combat Arts with a difference of not less than 0.1 Combat Art level.
- Blizzard duration is no longer fixed if CM patch is installed.