- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Eagle Eye - Increases the Chance for critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per Combat Art level chance)
- Rapid Fire - Increases attack speed of ranged attacks. (7.4% + 0.1% per Combat Art level increase / +50% from base value)
- Marked Shot - Adds a chance that opponents cannot evade or parry incoming shots. (20% + 0.1% per Combat Art level chance that opponents cannot evade attacks)
- Perforate - Chance that projectiles will pierce through their targets and continue on their flight path. (20% + 0.1% per Combat Art level chance to pierce)
- Hunting Focus - Decreases the regeneration time of the aspect Capricious Hunter. (30% + 1.5% per Combat Art level decrease)
- Unflinching - Reduces the opponent's chance to deflect projectiles. (50% + 1% per Combat Art level reduction to opponent's chance to reflect ranged damage)
|Sinister Predator without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Concentration - will lower this combat art's regeneration time penalty.
- Combat Discipline can increase the Damage display for this CA above the normal weapon damage, although it seems to have no effect because Sinister Predator doesn't actually increase damage.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
- An interesting buff which can be used by both ranged players and melee players if the correct mods are chosen.
- For a Capricious Hunter specialist, the Hunting Focus mod can completely negate the regen penalty of this buff and actually improve regen times when using Sinister Predator.
- The Eagle Eye bronze mod and Marked Shot silver modification work for melee weapons as well.
- Obviously a ranged character will benefit from this buff more with the bonus to attack speed and hit chance
- With the Ice and Blood expansion, Magic Staffs can be treated as "ranged" weapons, but note that the bonuses to Ranged Attack Speed and Ranged Attack Rating given by Sinister Predator do not apply to this form of attack
- Note that, like all CA's in the Capricious Hunter aspect, casting speed is determined by weapon speed, and can be boosted by weapon lore skills and +% attack speed. Likewise, the casting speed will be penalized by wielding a weapon with too high a level.
Pros and Cons
- Extremely good for a ranged build right from the start
- Can be used for both melee and ranged builds
- Attack speed bonus and hit chance bonus make the early levels very easy
- If used for a melee build, it must be modded correctly
- Adds a penalty to all Combat Arts
||Regeneration Time of all Aspects
||Ranged Attack Speed
||Ranged Attack Value