||A powerful blow strikes all opponents in front of the Shadow Warrior and knocks them back. This blow is very effective against large hordes of opponents and it may help to break free from the grasp of enemies.
This is a Weapon Damage Based Combat Art.
- See also: Sacred 2:Combat Art Modifications
- Force - Scything Sweep is executed with more power and inflicts more damage. (15% increase)
- Knockback - Increases the chance to knock opponents back. If they tumble against additional opponents they will inflict damage upon impact. (12.5% + 0.2% per Combat Art level chance / +50% from base value)
- Hurl - The sweep hurls slain opponents away as projectiles. (100% chance, also works with ranged weapons)
- Rage - Each hit will store additional energy. This energy will discharge with the first successful hit after the Scything Sweep. (14.9% + 0.1% per Combat Art level (?))
|Scything Sweep without Modifications
Skills and Attributes
The following skills will affect this combat art:
- Any weapon lore (such as Hafted Weapons when the Shadow Warrior is wielding an axe) - will indirectly increase this combat art's execution speed, damage and chance to hit, and will allow the equippng of higher level weapons used to execute this combat art.
- Combat Discipline - will increase its damage and reduce its regeneration time if this Combat Art is placed within a combo. This increase in damage is direct; it increases the +xx% that the CA adds to base damage.
- Speed Lore - will increase its chance to hit indirectly by increasing a player's attack rating.
The following attributes will affect this combat art:
- Strength will increase damage for melee weapons, and chance to hit
- Dexterity will increase damage for ranged weapons (and some melee weapons), and chance to hit
- Stamina will lower regeneration time
Usage Strategies and Mechanics
The Rage modifier is highly recommended for the following reasons:
- The Rage modifier will multiply the next hit/Combat Art by x.x. Each enemy that is hit will store energy, with the larger number of opponents hit while using this Combat Art, thereby storing a larger amount of energy and increasing the damage dealt on the next blow.
- To view its effect a player may look at the damage of their Combat Art before launching Scything Sweep, and then, right after, use Scything Sweep while surrounded by enemies. If at this moment the player stops to look at their tooltips damage indicator, the very large damage bonus accorded by this modifier will be seen.
- The Rage modifier will affect the next Combat Art used, which will permit a Shadow Warrior to use Scything Sweep followed by Demonic Blow or Frenzied Rampage as part of an effective melee combination.
- A player can triple and/or even quadruple their damage with this chosen modifier, for example,by targeting a large mob like those which surround the Sinister Prince, then use Scything Sweep and then finally launch a nasty Frenzied Rampage in the face of the Sinister Prince.
- The Rage modifier works well in combination with critical and Deathblow bonus.
- The Knockback and Hurl modifications can combine to create some very dramatic and effective enemy deaths. A chain reaction can start where enemies are knocked back, and if they or the enemies they hit die, they are launched back as projectiles, with the chance that they too will hit and kill enemies, who will in turn be knocked back/hurled. With these mods, a large mob is like a mass of bowling pins waiting to be bowled over.
Pros and Cons
- Wide area of effect with decent damage.
- Can be used to up the power of other weapon based abilities, if Mods 2A (Intent) and 3B (Rage)are chosen.
- Range Seems to be increased by riding the Hellhound (unconfirmed).
- Not very useful for single targets
- Knockback can occasionally get unwanted attention from other monsters, usually in crowded areas such as the Dragon Realm.
- Rage mode lasts 10 seconds only. After, the damage will return to its normal values.
- Weapon damage multiplier is 1 + 0.001*CA-Lvl and 1.15 + 0.002*CA-Lvl with Force.
- Damage modifier is increased by 36 + 9*CA-Lvl percentage points.